Acer Aspire 3002NLC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Quite good & balanced laptop for 35K, Sempron 2800+ Mobile gives performance equivalent to AthlonXP 2600+ barton core, which is still quite enough for anything other then hardcore gaming.

With that Combo Drive this is a great deal, as DVDs are not popular in India that much, so providing a DVD writer is quite useless, not every one has a DVD Drive here, ask me, I bought a DVD writer & have burned only 1 DVD so far, & 24 CDs in 1 month, money saver in this case

40 GB HD is enough for a Laptop, I mean hardly anyone uses the laptop as the primary system, well some do, but then again, there is always an option to go for High prices external Drives, instead burning data in CD-RW is better

The chipset used is 2nd only to 855GM, in quality & performance, quite good, the integrated gfx isn’t anything like even a FX5200 but then again, laptops are not meant for gaming, if U use it, then U R definitely a fool, cos they cost more then a desktop for gaming purpose, 1024X768 at 100Hz is da best, even my CRT goes to 1024X768 at 85 Hz only, besides, it has to be good, it got my initial GX in it

Hmm, Gigabit LAN is cheap to produce & production cost is marginal over 10/100 LAN, so Y not that SiS

Using Linux to cut cost is a great move from Acer, even they know that as soon the user in India gets a laptop with Linux he will take out his wallet, give Rs 50 to the Shop keeper & buy a Windows XP Pro CD pirated, & install SP2 given in Digit or any other magazine CD or he will simply get the CD from a friend, & make a copy of it, for Rs 15, We are genius in saving money

& last but not least, the battery life sux, big time, I mean 3 hrs, that is toooooooo low, what Acer was thinking. At least 7 hrs is required, they better release a new model with high battery life & also give an option to users already using this model to upgrade the battery, or this can lead to a dent in their already stable market place, a small flaw can become hindrance in total market domination

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
the battery life is not 3 hrs dude

i get only 1 hr 15 minutes on battery while watching a DVD movie, and besides i am not gonna roam abt the whole of mumbai in the local trains even if i had a battery life of 3 hrs

i m just using it near my desktop PC for surfing, chatting, watching movies and listening to music after i get some PCMCIA Sound card and a good headphone

suggestions for the same are welcome :)

G

gxsaurav

hmm, what was the name, Audigy NX, maybe, external USB based sound card

amit_arya

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
I bought a DVD writer & have burned only 1 DVD so far, & 24 CDs in 1 month, money saver in this case

he will take out his wallet, give Rs 50 to the Shop keeper & buy a Windows XP Pro CD pirated, & install SP2 given in Digit or any other magazine CD or he will simply get the CD from a friend, & make a copy of it, for Rs 15, We are genius in saving money

Bhai going a bit out of way. and sorry if what i write hurts you but Why did you bought a DVD writer??? DVD media are now as cheap as Rs. 15 and can store content of 6-7 Cds. its been 40days i bought my DVD writer and have written a little over 9DVDs + 3 coasters... to be frank with 7DVDs by Day 2 at that time also i was not planning to Buy a DVD writer but handling 30Cds was a tough job expecially when a few files were over 700MB. 3 coasters were because of error in the file being written...

seconds you will get Winxp Pro with SP2 int. for Rs. 50 (umm Rs.40) itself.. and a smatter move would be borrow a CD from friend and make a copy so all done in Rs. 15 :) you can treat me at McDonald For saving your Rs.50 .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom