Acer 5315 Aimed at Students Launched(Tech2.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
One of the most essential things for most management students today is a laptop. Looking to tap this growing market Acer today has introduced its new 15.4" Acer Aspire 5315 priced at Rs.22219. This machine has a new chassis design and sleek looks and is based on the Linux OS.

In terms of specifications, it utilizes an Intel Celeron M550 processing, supporting Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link network solution for excellent speed and performance, storage capacity with a 120 GB HDD and system memory of 1 GB of RAM. It further comes equipped with a DVD super multi 8x Double layer and inbuilt camera. Its screen is a 15.4” WXGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD display and is capable of reaching battery life up to 2 hours. The Acer ePowerManagement allows you to choose the power management setting to extend the battery time. Additionally, the Acer SignalUp and Acer GridVista technologies have been incorporated into this notebook for more reliable wireless connectivity as well as optimized feature driven display management...........................

*www.tech2.com/india/news/laptops/acer-5315-aimed-at-students-launched/31191/0

gopz

In the zone
I prefer the more compact Acer 4315 which comes with a 14.1" screen, its more portable, and has the same resolution 1280 x 800 and costs 23k

harsha

Broken In
WoW, 5315 really seems a nice deal as if its Rs. 23k in tech2 surelly would come under 22k in street :D

well, "Linux OS" always means the end user will ditch it. If its a windows lover, he will ditch it for vista. If its a macboy, he will make it a HacBook. If its a BSD/Solaris guy, he will replace it with an OS like FreeBSD or Solaris 10. Finally, if its a linux guy, he will seldom stick with the crappy linux Acer provide. He would instead switch to something better like Mint, Ubuntu, Sabayon, Gentoo, Fedora, Mandriva, Arch, etc.

What chipset does it have ? Celeron M550 is an excellent processor, based on the Core2 architecture. It lacks the SpeedStep technology, a must for laptops. So its pretty sad. I guess this is another 945 chipset laptop. How I hate GMA 950...

harsha

Broken In
What chipset does it have ? Celeron M550 is an excellent processor, based on the Core2 architecture. It lacks the SpeedStep technology, a must for laptops. So its pretty sad. I guess this is another 945 chipset laptop. How I hate GMA 950...

its GL960 :D

and Linux, or no Linux, one can always install Windows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom