ACER 4530 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
abhishek you dont seem to have seen the screenshots in this same thread where i have shown that this 9100M has 256 MB dedicated.. open your eyes man.. in the Nvidia COntrol panel system information .. please for gods sake look there.. how can i make someone so not into facts understand the thing.. phewww.. and i aint playing GTAIV no more. ended it a month ago.. now moved on.. so just to prove something i cannot reinstall the game and thing..sorry.. have loads of work.. might do when i get free.

so yes this card performs ok in GTAIV with tweaks and proper drivers. card has 256MB dedicated.

and if you are having a 9400M and 4GB you might just try the tweaks man.. and the drivers..
windows 7 is not official till date.. so i cannot talk about it just yet..

Thanks

crimsonw0lf

Right off the assembly line
Heyy everyone!! i've been following this thread for a while now and just decided to register lol umm.. i bought the acer 4530 here in Canada ( as well as that tiny 8.9" one, forgot the model), it "should" be the same specs as the version some of you have available and i just wanted to share my thoughts on it cuz you guys are awesome enough to as well :p

First of all, it looks and feels very spiffy, A+ there compared to older Acers. The smaller 14.1" size and roughly 2kg weight make it ideal for carrying around. Yes i do plan to play games on it at school, so the N draft wireless on it is awesome. Sadly i havent gotten around to tweaking this thing, i need help for that.. another reason for joining this forum >.< .. Another huge plus point for me is that it barely gets hot!! Keeping a typical HP or Gateway on ur lap at that performance level would send you to the hospital for first degree genital burn.

Lets see, the LCD is beautiful and there's a webcam blah blah blah.. i really wanna get gaming with this thing, then i will have some real feedback.. Im guessing WIndows Seven and the latest drivers with Physx and Cuda would be the place to start ( really wish i wasn't so technologically inept XD ).

Anyway, happy to be a part of this group, look forward to constructive posting in the future, love from Pak/Can.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ Welcome! Hope you stay with us.
The small laptop is Acer Aspire One. You Shoul have known the name, you just bought it! :p

And, how about a bit more detailed review of the Acer 4530 from your side?

motobuntu

Journeyman
where can I get best price for Acer 4530 in mumbai, with 4GB ram.
I am planning to use this laptop for practising labs on Virtual machine, please share your experiences about vmware or MS VPC on acer 4530.

my budget is around 32K, is there any other option available.

where can I get best price for Acer 4530 in mumbai, with 4GB ram.
I am planning to use this laptop for practising labs on Virtual machine, please share your experiences about vmware or MS VPC on acer 4530.

my budget is around 32K, is there any other option available.

Guys please suggest, I've to buy the laptop by the end of this week.

Last edited:

NoCashBob

Hi all, this is my first post, and like another poster from earlier, I am also from Canada, and would like to share my thoughts on the Acer 4530, I hope can help out, and fit in with the community! :eek:

Here in Canada, I bought the 4530 for $650CAD, or roughly RS25900 with the following specs:

AMD Athlon X2 64bit QL-60 @ 1.9Ghz.
3GB DDR667 In Unganged Dual Channel mode
250GB SATA 150 HDD
Atheros a/b/g/n WiFi w/ WiMAX support
Gigabit 1000Mbit Ethernet
9100m-G Integrated mGPU
Vista Home Premium 32bit SP1
Sadly, NO BlueTooth in Canada models..

Before I go write a review of the Acer 5430, I thought I'd clear up an disagreement I heard earlier in the postings; The 9100m-G mGPU is integrated, and contains no dedicated RAM, dxdiag is misleading. The dedicated part is simply stating, in this case, that 256MB of the *system RAM is dedicated, and cannot be used by the OS or applications. The remains *system RAM is RAM that is currentlyused by the mGPU, but is accessable and able to be reclaimed by either the OS, or an OS-level app.

pheeew.. what a mouthfull.. :rolleyes:

Well, hope someone finds my review (I'm posting it in a new thread) helpful, and I look forward to more posts in the future!

poymode

hello just bought 4530 past 2 days..everythings okay except for the gaming part..

I even get lag when playing a flash game in browser?

I have installed all drivers.

any idea why im experiencing this.

btw, this is a good lappy

I JUST NOTICE MY PROC is TURION, NOT ATHLON..but still same model and other specs

Last edited:

NoCashBob

That's odd.. I'm playing Titan Quest very nicely on mine.. Try installing a reasonably current game like Titan Quest etc, and see if it runs alright. Make sure you are running the power profile of Balanced or above, preferably High Performance.

If it doesn't , get a copy of Everest Ultimate and check to make sure the hardware in your notebook is legit and as advertised. Barring that, I think maybe the flash games are faulty, next maybe bad Windows Install, lastly (and unlikely, but not unheard of) faulty notebook.

Some do come with a Turion instead of a Athlon X2, IF it's a RM-70 or above (ZM) you have a better processor than athlon, if it's TK-xx or TL-xx, than it's last gen. and Athlon (QL-xx) is better.

poymode

That's odd.. I'm playing Titan Quest very nicely on mine.. Try installing a reasonably current game like Titan Quest etc, and see if it runs alright. Make sure you are running the power profile of Balanced or above, preferably High Performance.

If it doesn't , get a copy of Everest Ultimate and check to make sure the hardware in your notebook is legit and as advertised. Barring that, I think maybe the flash games are faulty, next maybe bad Windows Install, lastly (and unlikely, but not unheard of) faulty notebook.

Some do come with a Turion instead of a Athlon X2, IF it's a RM-70 or above (ZM) you have a better processor than athlon, if it's TK-xx or TL-xx, than it's last gen. and Athlon (QL-xx) is better.

its a ZM-80...its working good now..I used the VC driver from windows update before I found one in google. I reformatted and used the new driver and it runs like heaven.

^^..good lappy

gindimane

Hi! 4530 is the very best you can get at that price agree,but i don't know why acer cut down some features 4520 had,that too some imp ones.4520 had 4 USB ports while 4530 has only 3,4520 had a firewire too but this doesn't ,4520 had Dolby Certified speakers but not in 4530,also the key board part is not the smooth plastic which was there in 4520,also the touch pad misses the middle scroll button...

Update: In Times Of India Bangalore, every monday in IT Classifieds I found this laptop with 2GB RAM upgrade from 1GB for Rs. 25,000 plus tax excluding carrybag.

omegasasuke

Can you please tell me the tweaks you did on GTA 4 cuz I really want to know even thought i tried some XD!!!:p

and one more thing what did you use to overclock it o_O?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom