ACER 4530 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, it wasn't me for sure.. :D
Thanks Shantanu for sharing the information :razz:. Is the 9100M better than 8200M on the CQ50??
And yes, OFCOURSE !!! the 9xxx series are WAY way better than their 8xxx counterparts, (tats the reason y i hv been telling alot of ppl to go for HP's DV series coz they hv 9xxx gpu as compared to DELL's 8xxx series of GPU..well i mean IF they hv that kinda budget...) :)
-----------

Cheers n e-peace...

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
hey....can u try on some other games on this laptop..like Prince of persia(the new one) ,crysis,nfs undercover,gta4,fallout 3 etc. and post the frame rate and your settings fro each game.. i'll highly appreciate your reply..

hey...n u've also mentioned in the specs that the geforce 9100 m g has got 256 mb DEDICATED memory..Are u very sure about it?? Do check if its not sharing it with the system RAM.. and lemme know..

Last edited:
4520 has geforce 7050.. its nothing comapred to 9100M .. trust me.. my friend has DEll with 7050 and Centrino 2 and 2 GB .. COD waw runs like a Slide show on his lappy.. whereas mine runs at decent Frame rates.. its very much playable at high settings.. :D so its good.. and i too got it with 2 Gb ram in 31k.. with Case .. i oCed the CPU to run at 2.5Ghz and its running awesome :p
WHAT ? You OCed the CPU of a Laptop ?
And that from 1.9GHz to 2.5GHz ?
Thats pretty good.
How is battery life with OC ? What about performance difference ?
It looks totally COOL :D

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Isnt overclocking for laptops dangerous...and from 1.9 to 2.5 would be like makin ur system temp. go really high!?! is your lappy really runnin fine?!? Reply shantanu man!! ASAP!!

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
very sorry for not replying.. i was busy.. :( , the temp has gone up a bit, about 2 deg. not much.. games are running fine on this.. !! The laptop is running great.. infact its almost running normally like it should..

another reason is that i am using the coolermaster notepal for cooling.. :)

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
thnx for the reply...but if possible try to run the games that i;ve mentioned and post the frame rates and settings for each... and also check if its got dedicated video memory or shared one... thnx again..:D

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
ohkk.!! then its really really nice!! and now if u find time...then if possible pleaes post the frame rate and settings for whichever games u try on it..(crysis,PoP 2008,fallout 3 etc.)...:D:):p:cool:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
shantanu said:
256 mb dedicated
Are you sure?

1. Does the lappy support 800MHz RAM? Im sure it does as FSB is not limiting here.

2. Do you know the price of 2GB 800MHz Transcend/Kingston/Any-damn-company Laptop RAM? I need to know those prices ASAP.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
800mhz ram is for 900/- per GB Kingston/Transcend and yes its dedicated i checked in Nvidia control panel system information.. yes it supports 800Mhz.. :)

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
yea..even i think so that it doesn have dedicated memory...coz on the Acer india website its mentioned that the graphics are integrated and theres no mention of DEDICATED graphics anywhere..however on some international or US sites the config. mentioned has DEDICATED GPU...but i cant say that for the indian model of 4530..if possible plz take the screenshot of your nvidia control panel where it shows the ram associated with the grafix card...

azbokikr

Broken In
Picked up an Acer 4530 laptop today for 29k with carry case et al at SP Road Bangalore. Weird thing is that in all the shops that i enquired in SP road, are displaying the Processor model as TK 57 as opposed to QL 60. They were adamant that it was a TK57 and not a QL60!! :rolleyes:

BTW, the gfx card RAM is NOT dedicated, its shared. 256mb gfx and 768mb for the comp. However, I'm facing a problem wherein i can't change the video RAM size in the BIOS from 256MB to 64MB. I change the settings, save it and when i restart, it goes back to being 256MB. Apart from that, everything else working beautifully. Drivers for XP and Vista are provided in a DVD.

Its a very very good deal. Totally recommended! :)

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
man..why do u want to change over the ram frm 256 to 64 anyway...it'll affect ur grafix performance...and even u try to run some latest games on it..crysis ,PoP etc. and post settings and frame rate for each..cause i also plan to buy this one soon...and i wanna know if its capable enuff for the latest games.. thanx! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.