Accessing LAN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabman

Broken In
i am using Win XP service pack 2 ...i just got a sify connection. the prob is that i cant access my LAN sometimes. its only available occassionally otherwise i get the messg ....workgroup not accessible u maay not hav permission....when i can access there are around 50 comp. so i believe this is the prob of XP and i had faced similar prob earlier when i had a diff connection. is it possible to rectify this error whereby i can access the lan all the time

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Tell us more about the topology of the lan, the ip addresses used by you. I think its a case of faulty routing only not a major headace.

purnendu100

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I think Windows Xp giving you the problem.
Install a different OS on your machine. If this can't solve your problem you should look onto the lan cable.
One other way to check is the lan ok or not is
OPEN RUN FROM START MANU TYPE-

ping your ip address
ping gateway ip address
ping 127.0.0.1

If all the ping successfully received data then it is fault of your OS.
Otherway your IP or Network card has fault. Depends upon your ping results

theraven

Technomancer
what was that ?
install a diff os on ur system ?
what the ?
windows xp's networkin capabilities are obviously and evidently much better than its predecessors ...

when in doubt, DONT POST
sabman u can try reinstallin ur tcp/ip resetting ur winsock
follow this link
*www.xp-smoker.com/freeware.html
but before that note down all ur networkin configuration

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys
what i see of the problem is that the defaoult gateway for the lan has been changed to that of the adsl modem and its possible that the IP sub net used is the same so all the trafic even for the local lan is being sent to the adsl modem thus causing the problem. As the lan was working ok before the addition of the modem.

digen

Youngling
Quite a possibility pradeep but I think we should wait for the author to reply with a few more details.

OP
S

sabman

Broken In
right now i can access the LAN fine. no problems with it . Its just that sometimes its just doesnt allow me to access it. i dont think its a problem with the modem or the router . just something with xp definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom