Accessing Internet at 640 Gb/s - WOW !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
we are not satisfied in what we get , suppose i now have 256 ul . i wish for atleast 2mbps speed . my oder friend has 2 mbps he wants 10 or 20 mbps . like that only . so even if we get that speed , we will desire for more

actually thats not always the case
im satisfied with my 256ul connection :)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
U will get this seed in India by 2070

wow, that's a brave prediction. Did you know that India reached from 56Kbps to 8000Kbps in just 5-6 years? And the rest of the world reached from 0Kbps to 24,000Kbps in just under 20years? And at this rate, you still reckon it's going to take till 2070?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Dont wory, When India progesses, it progress at a Rapid Pace. Take Mobile Phones as example, what was the scene ten years ago. Take our progress from Dialup to Broadband as a example even :)

axxo

99.9% Idle
wow, that's a brave prediction. Did you know that India reached from 56Kbps to 8000Kbps in just 5-6 years? And the rest of the world reached from 0Kbps to 24,000Kbps in just under 20years? And at this rate, you still reckon it's going to take till 2070?

correction are we getting 8000kbps for the same price as 56 kbps? Technology is there but what's affordable for most user matters here. Cellphones are common because its made affordable for everyone thats why we are using today. Now we should not tell 8mps connection is in India, bcoz its still not feasible for common people in India. So i Would say in 5-6 yrs the growth is only 5times, i.e 256 kbps.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
correction are we getting 8000kbps for the same price as 56 kbps? Technology is there but what's affordable for most user matters here. Cellphones are common because its made affordable for everyone thats why we are using today. Now we should not tell 8mps connection is in India, bcoz its still not feasible for common people in India. So i Would say in 5-6 yrs the growth is only 5times, i.e 256 kbps.

sorry dude, you got it wrong, even before broadband came, there were thousands of people like me who spent 300Rs for every 10hrs excluding phone charges and ended up paying about 3K every month for accessing the internet via dialup. Today, 8Mbps is already available in many places for 2K-3k and no time limits, you could probably get 10times more work done in a month than what you would do on a dialup. Sad to hear that you still think that 256Kbps is the norm.

^^ Do you remember the time when Internet hours pack used to costs in thousands ?

He probably never used internet then or his parents never allowed him to spend that much money!;-)

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
^^ Do you remember the time when Internet hours pack used to costs in thousands ?

So what can u deny the fact that most Internet parlours at that time were running only 256/512 kbps? and home users were limited to 56kbps, thats the standard.
Now the growth in both extremes are 5 times..Internet centers upto 2mbps and for home users upto 256kbps...and am speaking uncapped and unlimited bb. Dont tell that we got 2mbps for 250RS.

sorry dude, you got it wrong, even before broadband came, there were thousands of people like me who spent 300Rs for every 10hrs excluding phone charges and ended up paying about 3K every month for accessing the internet via dialup. Today, 8Mbps is already available in many places for 2K-3k and no time limits, you could probably get 10times more work done in a month than what you would do on a dialup. Sad to hear that you still think that 256Kbps is the norm.

I know dialup is costlier..but what about the broadband cost in 5 yrs dude? we were paying 900 4-5 yrs before for 256kbps and still we are paying amlost the same(reduced to 750 2 months before). 8mbps for 2k? intelligently used the keyword no time limits :D like what ISP normally reveal their plan, what about the download limit then? We aren't expecting 8mbps UL but atleast 2mbps unlimited for the price what we are paying now for 256kbps. IS the expectation so high?

He probably never used internet then or his parents never allowed him to spend that much money!:wink:
Nope I was using a corporate shared 56kbps account in 96-97, so only telephone rent counts.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
I know dialup is costlier..but what about the broadband cost in 5 yrs dude? we were paying 900 4-5 yrs before for 256kbps and still we are paying amlost the same(reduced to 750 2 months before). 8mbps for 2k? intelligently used the keyword no time limits :D like what ISP normally reveal their plan, what about the download limit then?

that's what I meant, there is enough bandwidth available per month to get your work done for the same time it took you 3months on a dialup. I'm not talking about the generation that is bent up on misusing bandwidth and downloading pirated stuff through torrents and file sharing sites(NO ISP in the world can fullfil that need as it's like drugs.. the more you take it. the more you need it.)

We aren't expecting 8mbps UL but atleast 2mbps unlimited for the price what we are paying now for 256kbps. IS the expectation so high?

Are you one of those who still think that something called 'Unlimited Broadband' Exists in this world? Let me bring you upto speed, there is nothing in the world called 'unlimited broadband'. You must be wondering what I'm talking about when ISP's in the US give unlimited connections. You see, till recently majority of ISP users in the world ran on 512Kbps and 1Mbps lines where even if they downloaded 24x7, it would still come under 200GB a month and that wasn't too much for those ISP's, but when higher speeds came in the bandwidths increased rapidly and all ISP's started bringing in cappings. If you still think those advertised as unlimited are really unlimited, then you need to take a look at the *(star) besides unlimited and read the terms as to what they say. Many ISP's have bought in something called 'Fair Usage Policy' where if you exceed a certain limit, your speeds are capped although the account is an unlimited one.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

So what can u deny the fact that most Internet parlours at that time were running only 256/512 kbps? and home users were limited to 56kbps, thats the standard.
Now the growth in both extremes are 5 times..Internet centers upto 2mbps and for home users upto 256kbps...and am speaking uncapped and unlimited bb. Dont tell that we got 2mbps for 250RS.

Didnt get how my reply and this one is related :confused: I am just hightlighting the fact, that technological advancements dont take much time either. Most of the PC of your friends might be having 80GB or 40GB HDD. See now, average goes to 500 or 320GB.

Most countries who have HIGH speed broadband now, like in US and Europe, the development there also happened in a few years. India is just a few years behind. Blame the Govt here, take ages to pass decisions :(

axxo

99.9% Idle
that's what I meant, there is enough bandwidth available per month to get your work done for the same time it took you 3months on a dialup. I'm not talking about the generation that is bent up on misusing bandwidth and downloading pirated stuff through torrents and file sharing sites(NO ISP in the world can fullfil that need as it's like drugs.. the more you take it. the more you need it.)

wait..are not the other people inworld downloading the above with great speeds in excess of 10 mbps connection?

Are you one of those who still think that something called 'Unlimited Broadband' Exists in this world? Let me bring you upto speed, there is nothing in the world called 'unlimited broadband'. You must be wondering what I'm talking about when ISP's in the US give unlimited connections. You see, till recently majority of ISP users in the world ran on 512Kbps and 1Mbps lines where even if they downloaded 24x7, it would still come under 200GB a month and that wasn't too much for those ISP's, but when higher speeds came in the bandwidths increased rapidly and all ISP's started bringing in cappings. If you still think those advertised as unlimited are really unlimited, then you need to take a look at the *(star) besides unlimited and read the terms as to what they say. Many ISP's have bought in something called 'Fair Usage Policy' where if you exceed a certain limit, your speeds are capped although the account is an unlimited one.

Im not sure about you. I know friends of me @UK who enjoy UL throughout the day on shared 10mbps connection. Well if you think caps like in India exists on their connection then there won't even be a technology like torrent or p2p may be there with one or 2 exception but not most or all.

Didnt get how my reply and this one is related :confused: I am just hightlighting the fact, that technological advancements dont take much time either. Most of the PC of your friends might be having 80GB or 40GB HDD. See now, average goes to 500 or 320GB.

me too agree that technology advancement is there but not for us in internet connectivity.

Most countries who have HIGH speed broadband now, like in US and Europe, the development there also happened in a few years. India is just a few years behind. Blame the Govt here, take ages to pass decisions

That's the point myself want to highlight. This the reason why someone said 640gb+ speed will be awaiting for us in 2070 :cool:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Im not sure about you. I know friends of me @UK who enjoy UL throughout the day on shared 10mbps connection. Well if you think caps like in India exists on their connection then there won't even be a technology like torrent or p2p may be there with one or 2 exception but not most or all.

The exact point that I'm trying to tell you, few of them here will know why I'm saying this. Listen, ask your friends to read the contract papers they signed with the ISP. Demon Internet, a UK ISP has a limit of 40GB on their 8Mbps connection which is advertised as "Unlimited". What happens when they cross this barrier? Their connection get cut down to 320Kbps:rolleyes: Only pirates with heavy p2p download cross this barrier and come to realize that it's not really unlimited! The case is similar with other ISP's in the UK. It's called "Fair Usage Policy"

Dude, wake up, there is nothing called unlimited, every ISP one way or the other has a cap. Period!

Maybe you need to read carefully through these:

*news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7483675.stm
But Virgin Media did admit that users would be subject to its so-called traffic management system, which caps data usage during peak hours.
*www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/29/virgin_media_daytime_restrictions/

Virgin Media says that at current levels of demand, one per cent of its 3.8 million customers will be affected by the new daytime restrictions. In the evening, when ISP networks are under most strain, traffic limits are aimed at the top five per cent heaviest users.

*img296.imageshack.us/img296/6068/virginmediazc0.png
And here's a customer account:

*img134.imageshack.us/img134/7839/nildramyb1.th.jpg

It's a screenshot of a Nildram ISP user account in the UK. As you can see, it has a cap of 50GB, period! nothing more! you cannot pay for more like you do in India and there is no night unlimited like you get with BSNL with which you can download more than 150GB per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom