access denied trouble......

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_raghav

Broken In
i had 3 partitionz on my 160gb sata (40-40-80) with 40 gb partition as my main drive and used windows xp professional.recently my windows crashed due to hard disk power faliure and i was unable to start my computer after that.i tried repairing windows xp in all possible ways but no avail.then i installed windows xp on my other partition and it worked fine.now the problem is that i m unable to recover my documents from the crashed drive.i had three user accounts previously including mine(administrator).the other 2 user documents are easily accessible but when i try accessing my account documents,it gives me an error saying access denied.(NOTE-the other 2 user accounts were without passwords and i had put a password on my account).please help me pass through this access denied barrier.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well there is no other choice then to try getting the previous windows to work. also there is a microsoft kb doc abt transferring a user a/c using some hash or something. may be some people more familier with it will recommend.

sakumar79

Technomancer
why two threads with same topic?

see other thread for solution...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40729

Arun

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Your problem is already answered:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40729

As sakumar said, why two posts?

Thread reported for removal