access denied trouble.......big tym crap dude.....plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_raghav

Broken In
i had 3 partitionz on my 160gb sata (40-40-80) with 40 gb partition as my main drive and used windows xp professional.recently my windows crashed due to hard disk power faliure and i was unable to start my computer after that.i tried repairing windows xp in all possible ways but no avail.then i installed windows xp on my other partition and it worked fine.now i boot from this new installed windows.the problem is that i m unable to recover my documents from the crashed partition i.e the "MY DOCUMENTS" folder of the previous windows i was using is unaccessible.i had three user accounts previously including mine(administrator).the other 2 user documents are easily accessible but when i try accessing my account documents,it gives me an error saying access denied.(NOTE-the other 2 user accounts were without passwords and limited too and i had put a password on my account which was also the admin.).please help me pass through this access denied barrier.

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I assume that you have Windows XP Home edition

1. Log-in Windows in 'Safe mode' as current administrator
2. Right-click the folder and take the ownership under administrator(current).
3. Make sure to check the box to include Subfolders and files inside the folder.

Note that If you have Windows XP professional, you can directly perform these steps under normal log-in.

This should solve your problem.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Try using the method given in this thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40248

specially the 6th post.

Respond if this helped u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom