'access denied' error while installing SP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
I have just tried installing the SP3 from Automatic Windows Update for Windows XP and twice I
have got, half-way through the process, an 'access denied' error while installing SP 3 module.
No other details are given, except to get me to click 'OK' to roll
back the update.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
You need original copy of xp. Access denied error occures in pirated xp.
SO go for original.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Is it RTM or RC2? If it's RC2, check this link:

*blog.malwareteks.com/correct-acces...nstalling-windows-xp-sp3-release-candidate-2/

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
My some friend faced the same problem as you. i have a genue xp home and installed sp3 without trouble.

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Is it RTM or RC2? If it's RC2, check this link:

*blog.malwareteks.com/correct-acces...nstalling-windows-xp-sp3-release-candidate-2/

Thanks a lot. That is worth trying.

@Amir.php you told that 'My some friend faced the same problem as you. i have a genue xp home and installed sp3 without trouble'.

Please donot conclude so easily. Many a thing happens here so I asked in this forum where I am a one of the seniormost member.To tell a person using pirated XP is insulting.
& YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO LOOK AT MY GENUINE XP CERTIFICATE AS IT CONTAINS SERIAL NO.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hey cool, cool. He was not insinuating anything. Dont take it seriously.

And hey, if using pirated xp is insulting, I know looooooooooooots of people who would be so insulted hehe :) lol

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Thanks to you all.
I had forget to login as administrator before installing.
After log in as administrator..... installation was smooth.
Thanks again.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Hello rajat, i am really very sorry if you heart.
As i explain earlier, i had seen these problen with pirated xp and i suppose same as you.
so again sorry if i was wrong.
Now come to the point in which you that you are senior member and i insult you. but for your info i want to tell you that i am in professional computer field since 9 years.
i both batchelor and Mastesr degrèe. now i currently in software development training. Although i have joined this forum very late but i am always a big fan of jasubhai book publications.
eg. chip hindi or smart computing.
Basically my aim was to join this forum to find the solutiom of my problems. because in this forum every member tries to give their best.
Many times when i see that i dealt the same problem in past, i tries to give my suggetion. thats All.
THANKS TO ALL.

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Hello rajat, i am really very sorry if you heart.
As i explain earlier, i had seen these problen with pirated xp and i suppose same as you.
so again sorry if i was wrong.
Now come to the point in which you that you are senior member and i insult you. but for your info i want to tell you that i am in professional computer field since 9 years.
i both batchelor and Mastesr degrèe. now i currently in software development training. Although i have joined this forum very late but i am always a big fan of jasubhai book publications.
eg. chip hindi or smart computing.
Basically my aim was to join this forum to find the solutiom of my problems. because in this forum every member tries to give their best.
Many times when i see that i dealt the same problem in past, i tries to give my suggetion. thats All.
THANKS TO ALL.

Forget it. I am even more senior. I am also a professional, though not computer, since 1976. Started using conputers since 1995.
Nyhow , forget it

Ecnanimod

Right off the assembly line
I am having the same problem, I get about 70% done with the download and I get "Access Denied." I'm savvy enough to keep my computer running healthily, but nothing I have found online has help to fix this, so if anyone has an idea one how to do it, I really need the help. I really need to fix this before I deploy to Iraq, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom