Access database repair software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo85

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys, I'm new here and 'm writing because i have a corrupted access database in MS Access 2007. The database is very important to me because it contains some clients data of my small business. The problem is i dont know how to repair it and i don't want to make some experiments with it. I mean, i nedd some opinions about the best access recovery tools that i can to use for repair the database. Thanks!

patkim

Cyborg Agent
While I certainly understand you don’t want to experiment with it, you may like to create a copy of the MS Access file in question and try the following. I have very limited experience with database systems though.

1. Create ODBC or OLEDB connection and use some free SQL / DB client app (as a front end) and try establishing connection to the db file. If that’s thru (Assuming ODBC/connection string etc was correct) check if you can run sample SELECT FROM queries and check if the data is intact. The file might have been corrupted to fail to open in MS Access app but possibly the tables might be intact therein just a faint possibility though. You may then be able to export it to .csv or so and recreate a new db
2. In Control Panel Admin Tools – ODBC and just create a new ODBC connection to the access db file using Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb). Now you shall see a next dialog box to select the .mdb file. Therein you shall find options like Create/Repair/Compact. Try Repair. I have never done it but give it a try. If it works well by chance, good enough.

If it does not work you may have to invest in some Access DB recovery software. You might have to opt for Paid one most likely. I understand I could not answer your original question though.

OP
P

Pablo85

May be no one have ever tried their hands on repairing access db. Did you try google?

Yes a tried, but there are many tools in google, I do not know what is the best.
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

While I certainly understand you don’t want to experiment with it, you may like to create a copy of the MS Access file in question and try the following. I have very limited experience with database systems though.

1. Create ODBC or OLEDB connection and use some free SQL / DB client app (as a front end) and try establishing connection to the db file. If that’s thru (Assuming ODBC/connection string etc was correct) check if you can run sample SELECT FROM queries and check if the data is intact. The file might have been corrupted to fail to open in MS Access app but possibly the tables might be intact therein just a faint possibility though. You may then be able to export it to .csv or so and recreate a new db
2. In Control Panel Admin Tools – ODBC and just create a new ODBC connection to the access db file using Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb). Now you shall see a next dialog box to select the .mdb file. Therein you shall find options like Create/Repair/Compact. Try Repair. I have never done it but give it a try. If it works well by chance, good enough.

If it does not work you may have to invest in some Access DB recovery software. You might have to opt for Paid one most likely. I understand I could not answer your original question though.

I'll try this and tell you. Thanks for the help.

OP
P

Pablo85

Hi again, unfortunately I had no luck with your advice.
Do you know a third party tool to recommend me?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have no experience in any such tools unfortunately. Just one more thing to comment, Have you also tried the options 'Database Utilities' -> Compact & Repair database from the main MS Access application i.e. before opening any of the access files?

OP
P

Pablo85

I have no experience in any such tools unfortunately. Just one more thing to comment, Have you also tried the options 'Database Utilities' -> Compact & Repair database from the main MS Access application i.e. before opening any of the access files?

Yes, i've followed these tips: Compact and repair a database - Acces

Also, i saw this software Access database repair software - Cimaware Softwar, but it is shareware, if I know it works, no problem paying.
Do you have another recommendation to analyze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom