Accesing Installed Softwares???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I earlier had installed Microsft Windows Me. Then I installed many softwares on it, many of which I downloaded from the net, whpse setup file I n longer have. Then I installed on D:/, Microsoft Windows XP. Now I want to access all those softwares which I had installed on Me, but running many of them give errors, like MS Office gives "Please run the setup again". I don't want to install the same software two times, thereby leading to loss of a lot of hard drive space.

ThanX :-><
[/b]

sailendra

Journeyman
unfortunately, many windows apps need to be reinstalled if you want to run them under xp. This is because they copy files to various system folders and make registry entries during setup. So, you need to redownload and install the apps.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
@rohan

Plz understand that most softwares need many settings and files 2 work on any comp
The settings and many other changes 2 ur system is done by the setup files !

That's why they exist !

So ..............U need 2 install most of them all over again !

blacklight

Journeyman
yes rohan ! things are not as simple as it might seem. each software edits/creates its own entries in the win registry and copies system files and dll's into windows system folder.Although it may be possible with smaller programs..most of the time it doesnt work.So with programs like MS office its impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom