AC3 Filter-WMP11 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurangsaini

the rising chip
Hi all, I'm using WinXP Pro with WMP 11. sometime back, when i played DVDs n other media in WMP 11, the Tools>Options>DVD>Advanced dialog box used to come up with the AC 3 filter Config box.

About a week back, i had installed K-lite codec pack(full) to watch AVIs and MP4s properly. The problem's that now, sumthing called "ffdshow" appears instead of that friendly AC3 Filter utility:mad:. This ffdshow thingy might be better/more effective than AC3 Filter but it's got WAY TOO MANY options-looks intimidating man:confused:!...So is there absolutely ANY way to just change the WMP config back to AC3 filter, {WITHOUT REMOVING ANY CODECS/UTILITIES FROM K-LITE PACK}:(

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
What has happened is, when u ran the setup for K-Lite Codec Pack, u probably didn't notice that it installed the 'ffdshow' filter instead of 'ac3'. Run the setup for K-Lite Codec Pack again, n when it shows a screen where u hv 2 select the codecs, scroll down to the 'DirectShow audio decoding filters' n select AC3 under 'AC3/DTS/LPCM' and 'MP1/MP2'. Let the installation proceed and check WMP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom