abt Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Bully is probably one of the most funniest game I have played on the PS2. I am definitely going to get this once it's out on the PC. It's a direct Xbox 360 port & is said to have more levels & new classes in it. So yeah it's going to rock the show.:D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Doesn't seem to be discussed anywhere. :(

*forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737959 :p:p:p

Endless loading
So it let's me play start a game, do a cutscene in the headmasters office, then after its over I get a loading screen that never goes anywhere. It just sits there, I watched it for 10 minutes. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Rockstar. Did I pay 30 dollars for a non working game?

one of the reply
So, is anyone NOT having issues with this game? I really want to purchase this, but now I'm worried I'll have to wait for a patch.
:D

buggy port

RockStar beats EA:p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's seems to be a major bug with the Vista 63-bit OS I suppose. I'll get it by tomorrow & let you know how it goes. Just hope the frame rates are stable. That was my only problem with the PS2 version. It seems Rockstar had all the time in the world & messed up this game with a last minute port job.:mad:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
no, ppl with 32bit vista also suffer the loading problem.
the gfx. pop-up is also a major issue.

hoping that R* dont screw up GTA4 pc.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well check page 2 & a person with Vista-32 bit is able to play it as well. Not to mention someone says it fails with XP-32 bit & other post below that says it works fine with XP 32-bit. BAH! What the hell is going on? Looks like Rockstar really messed up big time. If GTA IV suffers the same fate then god help them.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
The game has better graphics, same start and THE WORST f*ING CONTROLS EVER!
You run with Left Alt, fight with shift and jump with space. It's impossible to sprint (pumping alt) move left/right and jump at the same time - a procedure that's required a lot of times during the game. That fing pissed me off. The minigames haven't changed a lot, you need to move the mouse IN CIRCLES in order to move the safe in the lockers. You can't starfe, which makes using the mouse... useless, because all I needed was starfing left/right and looking around with the mouse. Big f*ing mistake, R*, big mistake...
The graphics are pretty awesome, I hope they use something like this for GTA4, because in that case the game will run smoothly on my PC.
But goddamn those f*king controls pissed me off...
one of the post in gtaforums *www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=371525&st=20
noob doesnt kno about asigning/changing custom keys LOOL
i'll wait for some digit reviews:p

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
review - *www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3170883

Enter adorable miscreant Jimmy Hopkins, whose face appears to be modeled in the likeness of a thirtysomething child molester.
LOOOOOOOOL

=============
Bully's biggest problem is that it's a shoddy port job, rife with technical missteps that wouldn't warrant comment if they weren't so profoundly damaging to the game. Forget to enable vertical sync, and you can forget completing most classes: In some areas, the game runs at rocket speed, making timed button presses all but impossible. Turn the feature on, however, and prepare for framerate drops that make NASDAQ look stable. (LOOOOOOOOL) . These problems, coupled with frequent crashes and a persistent drifting mouse bug (remember what used to happen when you'd hold down a control stick while booting up a game?) make just playing Bully a frustrating chore.
:|

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ROTFL! :D

Some screenshots over here from R3D forum:
*img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bully2008102203230131ij9.jpg
*img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bully2008102203214834rq3.jpg
*img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bully2008102203210512np9.jpg

quan chi

mortal kombat
awww....it looks a great game too.is it already out.has anyone played it and hows it.

well i last read it was for ps2.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's out & I should be able to get it by today evening or by tomorrow morning tops. The game looks really good on the PC. Hope I don't run into so many bugs which are mentioned elsewhere. I really wanted to try this game on the PC after playing it on the PS2. It was initially PS2 only but later got ported on Wii & Xbox 360. Not it's finally on the PC.

quan chi

mortal kombat
It's out & I should be able to get it by today evening or by tomorrow morning tops. The game looks really good on the PC. Hope I don't run into so many bugs which are mentioned elsewhere. I really wanted to try this game on the PC after playing it on the PS2. It was initially PS2 only but later got ported on Wii & Xbox 360. Not it's finally on the PC.

hows the game's story. looks quite funny.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's the best part. You take over the role of Jimmy Hopkins. You're regular foul mouthed punk who is dumped by his parent's at the Bullworth Academy. Being kicked out from previous schools he is no stranger to their tactics. He is really p*ssed about his dad whom his mother seems to have married recently & the intro conversation is just too good. You'll get an idea how cocky his character in the game his. Once you're in the Academy you're introduced to Gary Smith & Pete Kowalski. Gary is another motor mouth whose only aim is to rule the whole school. He befriends Hopkins & tells him about all this crazy plans of them taking over the school. Pete, on the other hand is a rather shy person & is constantly harassed by Gary. During the game you'll have to complete mission which involves a host of stuff. There are bullies, preps, greasers, jocks, nerds, and the townies. Bumping into them will lead into a conversation & then the fun begins.

Each characters storyline are crafted brilliantly & the dialogues will really crack you up. You'll have to attend classes as well & failing to attend would make the prefects alert in the academy & if they spot you roaming around skipping classes, they grab hold of you & you land up with the principal. Of course you can hit them & run off. It's way too much fun. You will have to do stuff like attend boxing matches, panty raids in girls dorm, beat up the jocks & townies, battle the nerds & help them, perform some errands in the town side area, first date & tons of stuff. It's just like reliving your high school experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom