Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
Hi guys

I like abstract wallpapers so I thought to share that with u

So here we go…….

Step 1:
Create a new file in Photoshop (File>New) with any size that you want, make sure it is a perfect square. If you want to make it a wallpaper

or something like that, then make it 1024x1024 and then cut it up. Make sure your background is white.

Step 2:
Select the gradient tool from the toolbox (or press g). Make sure it is a linear gradient, the gradient picker is set to Foreground to

Background. and the blend mode is set to Difference. Press D on the keyboard to reset the pallette colours to black foreground and white

background.

Step 3:
Go wild. Keep drawing gradients on the image about 20 to 30 times..

*img243.imageshack.us/img243/33/step3td1.th.jpg

Step 4:
Duplicate your layer by going to Layer>New>Layer via copy or by pressing Ctrl+J. Rename the newly created layer "wave".

Step 5:
Click and select the original layer (not warp) and go to Filter>Distort>Twirl. Give it a twirl of about 340 or so.

Step 6:
The Click and select the "wave" layer and go to Filter>Distort>Wave and use the settings given below. You can try your own but these worked
for me. Click Randomise a few times till you find it desirable. then click ok.

*img299.imageshack.us/img299/3236/step6yg6.th.jpg

Step 7:
Set the blend mode in the layers pallette for the 'wave' layer to "lighten" and then merge the two layers together by Pressing Ctrl+E or by

going to layers>Merge down.

Step 8:
Duplicate the layer and go to Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal. Change the blending mode of the new layer to Lighten.

Step 9:
Then hit ctrl+U or Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation to bring up the hue/saturation box. Select colourise and then play around with the colour

settings. I used:
Hue: 0
Saturation: 25
Lightness: 0

Step 10:
Now select the other layer and go to the Hue saturation menu again.
Select colourise and change the settings again. I used:
Hue: 220
saturation: 25
Lightness: 0

Step 11:
Merge the two layers together by pressing Ctrl+E and that's it. The end result is totally random but here's mine:

*img299.imageshack.us/img299/3707/abstractfinal8hgyr4.th.jpg

HO GAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

HOPE U LIKE IT

::cyborg::

cyborg47

Technomancer
nice tut, i have already posted a similar tutorial once:using gradient tool. Anywayz nice try.
heres my tut i post once,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=400045#post400045

Last edited:

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
Thanks Man ...... This Is Really Fun Keep On Posting More And More Tut.... But For Users Comfort Why Not Make It In One...... Hey Can Any One Refere Me Some Downloads To Learn More Of Photo Shop Say From The Beggniers Level Will Be Thank Ful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom