about bluetooth security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Can anybody control our mobile through Bluetooth if we keep the bluetooth turned on. Recently while I was transferring a needed file to a friend's mobile in a local train, suddenly out of the blue, one file peeked into my mobo asking for permission to be downloaded. Of course, I turned down the offer. Is it true that there are bluetooth hacks through the use of which unknown person persons could use our mobile?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ramakrishnan said:
Can anybody control our mobile through Bluetooth if we keep the bluetooth turned on. Recently while I was transferring a needed file to a friend's mobile in a local train, suddenly out of the blue, one file peeked into my mobo asking for permission to be downloaded. Of course, I turned down the offer. Is it true that there are bluetooth hacks through the use of which unknown person persons could use our mobile?

The file could have been sent to ur cell by mistake.
I have also seen some BT hacking softwares on net,but not tried any of them.
I think only a hacker will be able to see phone contents via BT enabled laptop.
Just turn down the request from unidentified device & u will remain safe.:smile:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
first of all turn down any requests from unknown sources. secondly if its a .sis file by an unknown sender its probably a virus. also keep BT only when needed. that protects you and also helps save battery power. and using bluejacking its possible to control and read contents from ur phone. so be careful as to who you let in!!!

ThinkFree

Technomancer
It was shown in a Tv channel that it was possible for hackers to get full access to your phone if they are able to pair their device with ur phone once. They can even make call from your phone number without even touching your phone. So always keep bluetooth off/hidden when not in use.

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
infra_red_dude said:
first of all turn down any requests from unknown sources. secondly if its a .sis file by an unknown sender its probably a virus. also keep BT only when needed. that protects you and also helps save battery power. and using bluejacking its possible to control and read contents from ur phone. so be careful as to who you let in!!!

Indeed it was a file with .sis extension. Can this virus affect SE k750i phone?

Pathik

Google Bot
nope sis files wont affect ur fone at all.. Also just keep ur bt off and accept conns only 4m ppl u know.. Thats enuf to keep u safe..

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
the best way to avoid bluetooth
hackin is to turn off ur
bluetooth.

FORGET ABT THE HACKERS. THERE
ARE JAVA BASED APPS AVAILABLE
FREELY ON NET FROM WHICH U
CAN EASILY HACK SOME1' MOBIL
EVEN WITHOUT LETTIN KNOWIN
THAT PERSON.

i know the names of such
softwares but i think postin here
will be against the forum rules.

but guys there's always GOOGLE

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ There is no such software in my knowledge wich ll let u access the other fone without authorization... Pls let me know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom