ABC torrent is idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

manishji

Broken In
I was working very well with torrents on my ABC client till yesterday. Now the torrent is simply not able to connect and all I can see is the list of files waiting to connect. I tried unistalling and installing but it did not work.
Also at the same time I unable to open my gmail account with IE6.0 where as it opens fine with Opera. What could be the issue and are the two issues linked.
I am using my gprs moble to connect.
Finally when I go to see the firewall settings it give me the message---
Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS)service?
and on choosing yes it says---
Windows cannot start Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS)service

Somebody please help me

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
seeems like you have disabled some essencial services...

turn them back on if u know what u r doing...
or visit *www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

OP
M

manishji

Broken In
It seems the problem was at the isp level. The problem with abc torrent client and the gmail got solved without any action on my part. however the windows firewall settings are still missing and i get the message that the file could have turned corrupt. Is there a way by which i can remove the firewall completely.
thanks

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well i think u could temperarily disable the inbuilt firewall from the contron panel... and install a 3rd party firewall like zonealarm...

better reinstall windows.. or search for the error message code on the m$ KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom