A way to find a content on multiple streaming platforms at once

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is there any aggregator site / Android TV app or something using which I can search for any content on any of the popular streaming sites like, Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee, SonyLiv etc?

I am fed up trying to search for a movie on multiple platforms one by one, most of them which don't even support voice search and I end up typing them on crappy TV keyboards -_-

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is That Show on Netflix, Hotstar, or Prime Video? This Website Can Answer
Of all the options on this list, JustWatch is best for those of us in India, as it supports the prominent streaming platforms in the country: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hotstar.

While the seven apps and services above cover most of the streaming services and live TV, there are still gaps in the market. The likes of JioCinema, Airtel Movies, and Sony Liv aren't searchable by third parties, which is likely due to the lack of an API.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Shortly after posting this thread I did came to know about JustWatch, and boy does that site look good. I am yet to test it on actual TV. I will get back on this.

But didn't know there were many other options too. TFS.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh man :D I guess we all do that now, ask on multiple platforms

guilty as charging here

even I’m so impatient and expect instant answers lol :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Shortly after posting this thread I did came to know about JustWatch, and boy does that site look good. I am yet to test it on actual TV. I will get back on this.

But didn't know there were many other options too. TFS.
Only issue might be, that not all streaming services have the same content on all regions. The link might show up on the aggregator but upon clicking it you won't see the video/movie as required.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No problem,post an update here if you find something better or some other method.:)
So here's the update.
Justwatch app for Android TV sucks. Only have 4 services: Netflix, Netflix Kids, Amazon Prime and tubi (wth is this). And among only 4 services, can't search by applying filters (other than movies/shows). It's really crippled.

Although, Justwatch for Android App rocks. Have all the features which the website has and is easy to operate then using the site on mobile browser.
So I will be using Justwatch mobile app going forward since we can choose services, filter from, movies/shows, genre, rating and even year of release. So that's better than my previous method of manually searching content over all apps. :p

Couple of images (couldn't figure out how to take screenshots on Android TV):
IMG_20200311_234756.jpg

IMG_20200311_234949.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is the version on your android TV same as on your mobile,may be the app behaves differently because of android version.

Try this for screenshot:
How to Take Screenshots on Android TV

Top Bottom