A very Good Phone vs a Decent Phone and a Decent Tablet

Ok guys i have a budget of 20K.

Now i'm thinking whether I should buy a good phone for that 20 grands (Planning to get the Moto X play, Feel free to suggest any other phone as well under 20K)Opt1

Or get the MiPad from Snapdeal today (Its 10K today) and buy the Mi4i for 10K or im pretty sure that i'll get the Moto G3 for the same price on Big Billion Sale.Opt2

Now the main purpose of using the phone and the tablet would be just gaming and watching movies(also MiPad i can watch movies at 2K since the resolution is 2048 x 1536 pixels) And watching movies and playing games on a bigger screen is always better isn't it??

Also tell me which phone should I buy out of the Mi4i and the Moto G3

Now im just wondering what should i opt for really confused.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
1)Except for the big screen a phone is better compared to a tablet.Tablet helps if you read books,magazines,Manga,comics etc.For everything else a phone meets all the requirements.Also one less device to charge.
2)The Mi pad has a more powerful chipset compared to all the phones you mentioned but it has heating issues IIRC. If you travel a lot and dont want you phone to run out of juice and prefer a separate device for gaming and movies,then Tablet makes sense.

IMO Get the Moto X play.The front facing speakers are a delight for video consumption.

P.S: I have a Nexus 7 and hardly use it since my mobile(Moto G3) can meet all my usage requirements.

dekaron

Broken In
I used to have the same setup, mid range phone + iPod, lots of gaming and watching movies without worrying about charge. Tablets are huge to carry around for travel and only good for watching stuff rolling around on bed.

MiPad is a headache and takes a lot of time and effort to set it up for optimal setting

I'm with moto X play or some older flagships going down in offers like Z2, Nexus 5

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
tablet or phone really depends on which games you wanna play. Some are better on smaller screens. But some games are made only for tablets. Hand starts paining after long sessions on tablet. Difficult to sleep in bed and play some games on tablet.

arkkrish

Broken In
I have a iPad, a first gen Moto G and recently bought (received as a gift) iPhone 6 Plus. I rarely use iPad nowadays. Even before iPhone 6 Plus, I used iPad only for iOS exclusive games.

Better buy Moto X Play.

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
tablet or phone really depends on which games you wanna play. Some are better on smaller screens. But some games are made only for tablets. Hand starts paining after long sessions on tablet. Difficult to sleep in bed and play some games on tablet.

Well i haven't had a chance to play a lot of games on android phone since i never had decent phone ever, but i would love to play some racing games like asphalt, some strategic games like clash of clans & plant vs zombies, and some FPS & RP games as well.

I have a iPad, a first gen Moto G and recently bought (received as a gift) iPhone 6 Plus. I rarely use iPad nowadays. Even before iPhone 6 Plus, I used iPad only for iOS exclusive games.

Better buy Moto X Play.

So u sure i should opt for moto X only and not some other phone available in the market in the same price range??

Minion

Conversation Architect
Don't get moto X play SD615 chipset can't drive 1080p display efficiently get OP2 or OPO instead since it is for multimedia consumption

If gaming is your priority 2nd option seems good.

Its true that Mi Pad heats up while gaming (research on this in internet)
Mi4i is a great phone & should suffice the needs of most users(32GB is a better choice) or Moto G3 is a good option too

If you are thinking about spending on Moto X Play for gaming, then its not a wise decision. Better option would be something having S800/801 processor. Your options are Oneplus one/two 64GB, sony xperia Z1 (it was available for 16k at amazon).... That's it I guess

arkkrish

Broken In
So u sure i should opt for moto X only and not some other phone available in the market in the same price range??

No. I mentioned it only because you had mentioned it in your post. With 20k budget, I would suggest OPO or spend a little more and get OPT.

Top Bottom