A to Z of Linux (tips tricks and tutorial in single thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
First tutorial is on how to connect gprs on linux using wvdial.
Currently i am connected to net using free gprs trick (on fedora 4 os)
lots of people told me that they can only connect paid gprs on linux not the free 1 but this is not true.

Here is the simplest tutorial on How to connect gprs on Ubuntu, fedora and other distro
*www.desi-tek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398

//Next tutorial would be on best download manager for linux, how to get maximum download speed using wget and using linux as router

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Desi_tek, There's already a Sticky by name 'Tips n Tricks in Linux' !! Also don't
promote your website by the name of 'Linux Tips n Tricks'!!!

OP
D

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
i didn't posted this for hits *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=using+airtel+gprs+on+ubuntu&btnG=Search&meta=
i have limited bandwidth and i get good hits too. i just posted to share information thats all.

Setup Your Computer to be a Router

If you have two network cards or some other means of connecting to the internet and a network card in your ubuntu computer, it can be a very powerfull router. You can set up basic NAT, do port forwarding, set up a proxy, and even do packet prioritization so your downloads dont interfere with gaming! This howto will cover setting up Webmin which will be used to configure masquerading, DHCP, and DNS servers. It also lets you configure port forwarding. QoS (packet prioritization) will be covered in a later guide. This guide is made using kubuntu to show that it will work with any version of ubuntu.

*ubuntulinuxhowto.blogspot.com/2006/06/setup-your-computer-to-be-router.html

Last edited:
OP
D

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
Access Linux drive (Linux Ext2 file system) on windows :)

fs-driver

It provides Windows NT4.0/2000/XP with full access to Linux Ext2 volumes (read access and write access). This may be useful if you have installed both Windows and Linux as a dual boot environment on your computer.

The "Ext2 Installable File System for Windows" software is freeware.
*fs-driver.org/download/Ext2IFS_1_10b.exe
*fs-driver.org/images/ThumbExplorer.gif
*fs-driver.org/images/ThumbSaveAs1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom