A sound problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkasir

Broken In
Hi guys
I've got a big problem. My Altec ATP3 died on me today mysteriously. Everything was sounding like normal and rocking till yesterday, and today when I turned on the Volume knob, the light indicating power ( on the 'right' speaker) simply didn't come. No sound, nothing man.Trust me, I am not an amateur in solving minor hiccups like this but inspite of 2 hours of hardwork nothing is going for me. The main problem lies on the power given to the main speaker. Either the connecting cable is gone dead or the woofer itself is not able to draw power from the adaptor cable.

My speakers are just 7 months old and to make things worse I seem to have lost the warranty card. Please guys, can anyone tell me where I can take these beauties in Delhi to have them repaired. Most of the shops I called in Nehru Place weren't sure about dealing with Lansing speakers. Is there any authorised centre in Delhi? Reply fast guys..... I am counting on you.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
*www.alteclansing.com/index_intl_country.asp?region=asiapac&country_code=in
you can find the contact details here...its based in nehru place itself

after reading ur prob it seems like the amp of your speakers has gone bad either its not able to extract power from the source or its the problem with the DIN connector used by your right speaker to extract power from the amp...i'm confused though...i think there's light indicator indicating only volume level, but there's no indicator for power...is it?

ENjoy...

OP
P

pakkasir

Broken In
Well, there is no separate indiacator for power. this is the first time i am having problem with speakers. Do you think there is any scope for repairing the speakers( any past experiences )? There is just one location given by in the link you wrote. That too is a distributor. Do u think he'll be interested in repair works? It's a real headache carrying the speakers to and from my hostel to Nehru Place. Wanted to confirm first. Chal thanks yaar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom