1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

a question abt battery ??????

Discussion in 'Mobiles and Tablets' started by abhasbajpai, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhasbajpai

abhasbajpai Asterisk enthusiast

this may a silly question but hope geeks here will help me
    i just want to know when in a symbian based smart phone more battery is consumed while running an application or while conversation (making a call) ????? and why

2. infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude Wire muncher!

well not just symbian based phones, but i guess in any phone in-call event drains max battery as compared to any other event as the transreceiver has to modulate ur speech obtained from the mic and transmit, demodulate the received signal and play it on the speaker and also display in-call status. my guess is that if there is some technology like speedstep or powernow which underclocks the phone processor then the phone mite do it as it doesn't need full processing power.

as for running apps, only the sound system and display system is active apart from the processing. so i think it consumes comparatively lesser battery. yeah features like bluetooth and IR also consume considerable amount of battery power (but not as much as in-call event) as the job of transmission and receipt of data takes place.

3. sude

sude Tech'ing life seriously!!

well infra_dude is right

-SUDE

4. OP
    OP
    abhasbajpai

abhasbajpai Asterisk enthusiast

infra_red_dude
    thanks dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.