A pure HTML Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
A sister of mine came to me asking help making their project. They were studying simple HTML, so they hadn't learn the css nor Javascript.They asked me to make a simple HTML project about their school.

For me i first thought it would be an easy task, just use the HTML and i am done. But really getting into it i found it harder to use just the HTML and nothing else. But i went on and have made a preety good HTML project for them with only HTML. But it really hard to work with HTML so i couldn't stop myself using a small CSS,
Code:
style="background:url(files/back6.jpg) bottom right no-repeat;"
it was what i used. Except this line on every page everything else on the website is purely HTML only.

Here's what i have made.
*users2.titanichost.com/chanchali/mva
you can also download the whole website here
*users2.titanichost.com/chanchali/mva.zip just click the save target as.

I've used a colour sheme of light blue.
It is the use of plain HTML and some pictures, so the design may not be prettier but i have used the best i can.
External link:*likeweb.blogspot.com

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
But it really hard to work with HTML so i couldn't stop myself using a small CSS,
Code:
Naah, that too isn't CSS. it known as "inline styles". Whoa....so you finally made no use of CSS :p

OP
remrow

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
I guess it is css(Cascade style sheet). The reason you see with the full form of css and other is that the used of the values in it is same as the css.

oops i am pointing my self.

you guys are welcome to post your creation.
its likeweb

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
No, But it still isnt pure HTML,
Correct me if im wrong...
naah, its HTML!
btw it would have been better of you have used CSS. just my 2 cents. External CSS offer great control over multiple pages at a single instance!

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Job well done, now submit it to OSWD, Even I submitted my Old Farm Template, its still under processing.. . .

and BTW, make sure its W3C Compilant :)

Last edited:

redhat

Mad and Furious
naah, its HTML!
btw it would have been better of you have used CSS. just my 2 cents. External CSS offer great control over multiple pages at a single instance!

Nah, it IS CSS,
Its not an external .css file, but a embeded code...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Nice one. :)

BTW, its embedded style and not Cascading Style Sheets which means referring to a .css file. :p

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Nice and simple, I like it. But why did you end up doing her project instead of teaching her? This is why I do not like teachers giving this kind of project work or homework. It defeats the purpose for which it is given :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Nice and simple, I like it. But why did you end up doing her project instead of teaching her? This is why I do not like teachers giving this kind of project work or homework. It defeats the purpose for which it is given :)
This is what happens where you have a smaller one and the bada bhai knows much about such things.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
This is what happens where you have a smaller one and the bada bhai knows much about such things.

Well I am the eldest, have two younger brothers and always advised them on their projects whenever they asked. Never actually did it for them. It helps to build independence.

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Well I am the eldest, have two younger brothers and always advised them on their projects whenever they asked. Never actually did it for them. It helps to build independence.
dude i have no brothers or sisters except for cousins. when my cousins come to my home, they ask me to help them out with it.

OP
remrow

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
Nice and simple, I like it. But why did you end up doing her project instead of teaching her? This is why I do not like teachers giving this kind of project work or homework. It defeats the purpose for which it is given
Yah thats the bad part of it.

OP
remrow

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
ha! the validator will give errors. i have not used the HTML doctype translations on the page so there will be erros.

---------------------------------
Hey guys why don't you show some of your works!!!

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
ha! the validator will give errors. i have not used the HTML doctype translations on the page so there will be erros.

---------------------------------
Hey guys why don't you show some of your works!!!
You want my work ? You'll see it after 2nd or 3rd April 2008. I'm busy with the boards till 27th March 2008. After 27; I will start developing my website which will be completed in 5-6 days and will be available at www.itech7.com

Don't try to access the link now; because it will give you server not found error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom