A Problem With My Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalam

In the zone
I don't really know what you call that fan present on the backside of the cpu where you join in the main power, SMTP Fan????? Been facing this problem since yesterday. The fan on the backside produces some strange sounds that it normally shouldn't of course i can't write to you how it sounds but it like keeps getting loud and then goes down and sometimes theres no sound. I did open the box up and check if the screw were loose and clean the fan but when i put it back on the problem still exist. So is the answer like i have to shelled some bucks and get a new one?? Suggestions please.........

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
It generally happens to SMPS of local quality after 3 + years....
The reason behind that is....as the SMPS gets older..more heating issues arises in it..as a result the Fan is forced to rotate @ higher rpms...thus causing more vibrations to the PSU (SMPS).....hence you get sound which exist when fan rotates at higher rpm...Also adding to it...if in case your SPMS screws are not tight....more noise will be produced....
Its totally your decision to purchase a new one...or wait till its dead ;)

All i can do is suggest you a SMPS to fulfill your needs ;)

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i will suggest get rid of ur SMPS ...means sell it and buy new branded one just to save urself frm sudden shock of one day ur PC not starting ;)

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
:mrgreen: It was SMPS! :D Think i will likely go for a new one! Though i would like to know if i should only be buying the fan alone or do i have to go for the whole box? Now i don't know what that box is called again SMPS Box? :D

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Wait a sec....wait .............. a...........sec.....the whole thing is called...SMPS or PSU.
So its definate that you have to go for whole box( i mean SMPS) if you are changing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom