Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepingBeagle

Right off the assembly line
This problem's been boggling me for the last coupla' months now. My PC refuses to switch on sometimes. The motherboard seems to get power(LED glows, harddisk and optical disk drives whirr) and all the fans switch on when I power up the PC. But that's all it does; the system does not start. No BIOS or anything.

The only method to switch it on involves removing the graphics card and the RAM, cleaning their connectors with an eraser and putting them back :cool: Oddly enough that's what my technician did too. He also said the problem could be due to faulty connectors in my cabinet(if that's the case, even the motherboard shouldn't get power at all!) Not only that, if the system does manage to power up, it switches off all of a sudden. Someone help! I want to able to switch on my system without dismantling it!

Dishant

Broken In
today,after running a disk chech through tuneup..i rebooted my pc but it didn't booted......then after pressing the reboot button it booted and gave an error:'*************WARNING: SYSTEM BOOT FAIL********'.......PLS HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does often power-cuts while pc is running affects hardware like mobo, HDD ?

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
^yes definitely. it all depends on the smps. we always try to pay less and get a cheap smps and that hurts in the long run..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom