Corsair Vengeance 16GB 8GBx2 -9000
Seasonic S12II 520 -4500
Corsair 200R -3500
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100
WD 1TB Black -6500
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8500
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB SSD -7500
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO -2300
Coolermaster 120mm 2 LED RED fans -1000 (Front Intake)
Coolermaster 140mm 2 LED RED fans -1300 (Top Exhaust)
TOTAL -71700.

Decided on this config except for a few changes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i hope you have read this before deciding on 200R:
AnandTech | Corsair Carbide 200R Case Review: How Low Can You Go
If you're just planning on putting a single drive in and calling it a day, the Corsair Carbide 200R potentially has a lot to offer a frugal user. While Corsair's next case up, the 300R, is notably louder than the 200R, it also offers substantially better performance and doesn't have a glaring weakness (outside of noise) like the 200R's design does.Users in an extreme pinch would probably be well served by the 200R, but I think I'd still recommend tracking down a BitFenix Merc Alpha or Merc Beta instead. Those enclosures are cheaper still, but offer more well rounded performance.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
i hope you have read this before deciding on 200R:
what few changes did you make?

SSD ruled out for now..
Definitely not going for 200R.. Reviews were not satisfying..
Haven't decided on the cabinet yet.. Suggestions are welcome.
Budget on cabby - 6-8K

Requirements of the cabinet:
1. Sufficient cooling as the CPU will be running almost on 100% load, 24/7. If required extra fans can be added.
2. Should hold upto 6 HDDs.
3. HDD bay should be of slide-in type(as in nzxt gamma) for easy removal of HDD.

Last edited:
SSD ruled out for now..
Definitely not going for 200R.. Reviews were not satisfying..
Haven't decided on the cabinet yet.. Suggestions are welcome.
Budget on cabby - 6-8K

Requirements of the cabinet:
1. Sufficient cooling as the CPU will be running almost on 100% load, 24/7. If required extra fans can be added.
2. Should hold upto 6 HDDs.
3. HDD bay should be of slide-in type(as in nzxt gamma) for easy removal of HDD.

Get Corsair 500R available for 7.4k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i found some negative things about GX700 but not major flaw except loss of a 140mm fan.
Antec GX700 - Performance Analysis and Conclusion | bit-tech.net
Still unsatisfied with the initial high speed result, we followed our instinct about what we thought was the problem and unplugged the front roof fan. Sure enough, with the two remaining fans on high speed, the CPU knocks 4°C from its delta T for a much healthier result of 50°C (although our GPU delta T did increase slightly). What this demonstrates is that the front roof fan was actually exhausting cool air from the case before it could reach our CPU cooler's fan.
Antec's own cooling setup evidently isn't optimal, as it's actually better to disable one of the 140mm fans that even more annoyingly can't be repositioned anywhere else in the case. Along with other minor niggles like the lack of anti-vibration rubber anywhere, relatively small space behind the motherboard tray and non-removable drive cage, this means that while the GX700 would still serve you well in most regards, it narrowly misses out on a recommendation

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECC_memory

I mean I cannot find any ECC Memory other than Gaming Ram or Value ram. Whether Server CPU support normal Ram other than ECC Memory.I read in a review that Server CPU only supports ECC Ram then what is the use of buying Gaming grade Ram if going with Server CPU.

I mean I cannot find any ECC Memory other than Gaming Ram or Value ram. Whether Server CPU support normal Ram other than ECC Memory.I read in a review that Server CPU only supports ECC Ram then what is the use of buying Gaming grade Ram if going with Server CPU.

This will be helpful (in addition to some Gooleing): Do I need ECC or non-ECC Memory?

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Thanks & Sorry for the late response guys.
Ordered the following components,
i7 4770
Asus B85M-G
vengeance 2*8gb
seagate 1TB
Seasonic S12II 620
HAF 912 (since 400r wasn't avail.)
Dell S2240L

SSD is out for now.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks & Sorry for the late response guys.
Ordered the following components,
i7 4770
Asus B85M-G
vengeance 2*8gb
seagate 1TB
Seasonic S12II 620
HAF 912 (since 400r wasn't avail.)
Dell S2240L

SSD is out for now.

congrats. post pics after getting hands on it. :) why a seagate hdd?

Top Bottom