A new phone for my bro upto 6K maybe 7K

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy my brother a new phone for his Bday...his main usage will be no doubt whats app and Facebook maybe a bit of light gaming.

I have set a budget for 6 K but if the cost justifies it I can go unto 7K...

I've got a few on my mind..please comment on my choices so far, any suggestions are always welcome.

1. Nokia X
2. MMX Mad
3. Asus ZENPHONE 4 400CG..

I could really use some guidance..

P.S.- I'm thinking of getting the "One plus One" for myself when it officially launches here but am unaware of the price's for all the variants.

Actually there are 2 models of Zenfone 4 one for 6k and one for 7k and the 6k one is available ATM

I know
The 7k one has better camera

If there is time for the birthday, OP can wait for 7k one, otherwise Zenfone 4 @ 6k is also good, Xiaomi 1S seems better though

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy my brother a new phone for his Bday...his main usage will be no doubt whats app and Facebook maybe a bit of light gaming.

I have set a budget for 6 K but if the cost justifies it I can go unto 7K...

I've got a few on my mind..please comment on my choices so far, any suggestions are always welcome.

1. Nokia X
2. MMX Mad
3. Asus ZENPHONE 4 400CG..

I could really use some guidance..

P.S.- I'm thinking of getting the "One plus One" for myself when it officially launches here but am unaware of the price's for all the variants.

get the moto e or any zenfone,safer and tried and tested buys
my personal recommendation is the moto e because of updates,stock android,decent gaming experience and great service(any day better than xiaomi etc)
if you can wait , one plus one should have a cheap variant as well
since one plus one is backed by oppo and cyanogenmod,it will also be a safe buy
xiaomi etc arent worth the risk even if its cheap and has a snapdragon cpu
oppo has already had a presence in india for a while

OP
G

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
my brothers bday is on the 3rd nxt month...so.....redmi 1s is still coming right....should i pass on micromax phone then and get moto e or asus(6K) variant..

Minion

Conversation Architect
my brothers bday is on the 3rd nxt month...so.....redmi 1s is still coming right....should i pass on micromax phone then and get moto e or asus(6K) variant..

Get Xiaomi Redmi 1s don't get moto E for camera(Lack of auto focus and front camera) and Asus Zenphone 4 have very bad battery backup can't last for 1 day with moderate use.

Registration has already started so hurry up.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

forget Redmi 1S for now. It'll go on sale on 2nd of next month and looking at current situation unless Xiaomi releases around 100,000 units, it'll not land on most people's cart. you can try your luck but i have a feeling it won't be more than 50k units.

Asus Zenfone 4 is what you should get, if possible the 4.5" model but thats on preorder. nothing wrong with Moto E but on the face of Zenfone, it looks overpriced. Maybe E should get a pricecut by 5th September when the next series of Moto series goes on sale but again it'll miss your bro's b'day.

current Nokia lineup is garbage. weak processor, crappy UI, no support, no Google stuff, overpriced. basically you are getting a mix of android and windows phone in the X-series. Instead of Micromax i'll suggest Xiaomi. At least they don't slap a sticker on a random phone and send out.

Update: 40k Redmi 1S units will be on sale on 2nd of September.

_prabhat

Journeyman
forget Redmi 1S for now. It'll go on sale on 2nd of next month and looking at current situation unless Xiaomi releases around 100,000 units, it'll not land on most people's cart. you can try your luck but i have a feeling it won't be more than 50k units.
Looking at it's demand, I suspect some people may be doing black marketing of Xioami. I see messages at many places that they have Xioami in their cart. If anyone needs, contact them.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Asus Zenfone 4 is what you should get, if possible the 4.5" model but thats on preorder.

But zenphone 4 has 1170mAh battery will it not cause problem. Seriously even my Sony tipo with 1500 mAh gives me around 1 day of battery backup.

Ronnie012

Earthling
Zenfone 4 or Moto E . Another option is - Nokia Lumia 520 for better build and ASS.(Lumia price should decrease now, I checked it last month and it was availabe at 7k).

Except for better battery, screen & faster updates, Zenfone 4 is better

ASUS has better camera with flash, lesser weight, front cam..........cheaper if you are going for 6k one

doom2010

Journeyman
But zenphone 4 has 1170mAh battery will it not cause problem. Seriously even my Sony tipo with 1500 mAh gives me around 1 day of battery backup.

It has 1600mah battery not 1170mah. But u said right, it can't last for 1 day with moderate use.
OP better get a e.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Moto E is a decent device by itself but judging by other devices available at the same price point, it doesn't seem like a justifiable purchase anymore.

Best options for you right now are Zenfone 4.5 and RedMi 1s. I'll suggest you to pre-order the Zenfone right now but try to get the 1s. If you are successful in buying the 1s then cancel your Zenfone order.

doom2010

Journeyman
Moto E is a decent device by itself but judging by other devices available at the same price point, it doesn't seem like a justifiable purchase anymore.

Best options for you right now are Zenfone 4.5 and RedMi 1s. I'll suggest you to pre-order the Zenfone right now but try to get the 1s. If you are successful in buying the 1s then cancel your Zenfone order.

It is a birthday gift. So the product should available before 3rd Sep, that's why i recommended him to moto e.

Top Bottom