a good rig??

.jRay.

Youngling
Wanted to ask whether the rig is good enough to run most of the games at medium graphics..? Also are all the components compatible with each other?? Also any suggestions are welcome..

P.S:- I am on a tight budget of around 50k so please suggest other components accordingly...

Ty in advance..

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Please fill this form first
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...answer-these-questions-first.html#post1542847

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
50k? You could play 1080p games with that amount spent. -10k for monitor.. So a 40K rig..

i5 2400 - 11000
gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H - 3200
corsair 4gb value ram 1333mhz X2 - 2200
msi hd6850 cyclone oc - 9200 (not sure)
corsair CX500V2 - 3050
corsair 400R - 5000
seagate 2tb green 64mb - 7200

Edited 1 times

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
6850 retails at 8.5k these days

And also does he really need a carbide 400 and 2tb?
A cheaper cabinet with 1tb should be enough at the moment(considering prices 500gb is preferable though). That would leave room for more ram/better mobo/better graphics card.

@OP fill out the questionaire to receive better answers in regard to your usage pattern.

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: casual gaming with some office work.(games like need for speed, gta, cs
and preparing office presentations)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40 - 45k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 750GB to 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: fullHD 21 inch's (LED preferred)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: -NA-

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: never done it before but plan to do it this time

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: MUMBAI but i plan ordering parts online from FLIPKART.com..

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: SEE THE ATTACHMENT FOR THE ONE I SEARCHED

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^Really 2TB is nothing these days.. And about RAM, there is already 8GB -.-.. And yes the price on carbide 400R can be saved and better gpu can be bought, probably a 6870.

Top Bottom