A Good and Cheap Desktop Replacement (Below 30K)

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Okay so here is the deal, I currently own a very outdated P4 desktop (you can even see my sale thread in the buy and sell section) but now I am planning to sell it off.
I would like to buy a desktop as a replacement but I have never assembled a desktop in my life and it would require me some time to gather some knowledge to know how to do that and time is what I don't have right now, that is why I think currently the best option for me would be to buy a laptop.

So now I need good and cheap desktop replacement and I don't want to go beyond 30K preferably.
The laptop should have the following features:
1) HDMI connectivity, so that I can connect to my TV and watch movies
2) A graphic card which is good enough to support heavy games like FIFA 12 and the upcoming FIFA 13
3) The screen should be preferably 14 inch or more

Looking forward for your suggestions

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can buy PC parts from flipkart or any such online portal or even locally and ask a local computer shop to do it for you for around 500 bucks. will recommend a desktop over a laptop anyday.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
you can buy PC parts from flipkart or any such online portal or even locally and ask a local computer shop to do it for you for around 500 bucks. will recommend a desktop over a laptop anyday.

Even me, You see I will tell you what the problem is actually, I am right now In 12th standard and I don't know much about assembling a computer as I have never done this before and I was thinking that once my boards are over I will have enough time to learn about assembling a computer and what all best parts I can get for a decent price, but as my computer is giving me great troubles now , I just thought that getting a laptop would be a quick solution.

See these videos and you will get quite some amount of knowledge about building computers:

[YOUTUBE]lPIXAtNGGCw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]d_56kyib-Ls[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RxaVBsXEiok[/YOUTUBE]

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Fifa is really not a heavy game you can play it in high settings on HD 4000, i suggest you this, LINK But you can get it locally for 31k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Even me, You see I will tell you what the problem is actually, I am right now In 12th standard and I don't know much about assembling a computer as I have never done this before and I was thinking that once my boards are over I will have enough time to learn about assembling a computer and what all best parts I can get for a decent price, but as my computer is giving me great troubles now , I just thought that getting a laptop would be a quick solution.

its your call. if you want a laptop, grab the one RON28 linked to but you can get a lot better desktop for same price. And assembling is fun & easy and doesn't take weeks to learn. If you are not into cable management and installing some tricky cooler, assembling takes less than an hour.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
its your call. if you want a laptop, grab the one RON28 linked to but you can get a lot better desktop for same price. And assembling is fun & easy and doesn't take weeks to learn. If you are not into cable management and installing some tricky cooler, assembling takes less than an hour.

If that is so, then I think I will keep my options open. Would appreciate all suggestions and advises from you all.

smithrick

Broken In
I suggest you to buy one assemble desktop pc which has following configuration like intel i3 processor, 4 GB DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte G41 Motherboard, 500 GB HD, ATI Radeon 6850 graphics card, 19 inches LG LCD monitor. I think this configuration is comes in budget.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Watch the 3 videos posted above. They are very very useful. Trust me, I assembled my first pc by watching those videos.

And the modern pc is one of the simplest things to assemble. You just need a little patience. But the joy you get after assembling a new pc and getting it to work is simply epic.

And also as you already know, a pc> laptop anyday.

Top Bottom