A gaming laptop - Budget INR 40k - 50k

Blue Dragon

Broken In
First of all a big HI to every digitian reading this! (New here) Now lets now waste time and get to the topic.
I want to own a cool lookin laptop

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans: 40k, can be flexed upto 50k max without any problem.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Ans: Anywhere between 14" to 16" I am not a fan of big screens or something totally uninterested, I have copied and answered some questions from the PC part which I thought will solve your queries better.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Ans: Programming, Gaming and any other stuff a teenager in class 12th should do. (Gonna have to move to college next year though, want a lappy which can survive 5yrs without much trouble i.e. which are relieable)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Ans: Good enough for gaming+college work+ONLINE SURFING -_- Yup. I do want my lappy to look good and not a brick-box though, Won't mind if it comes DOS pre-loaded. But will prefer it if Win 8.1 or win10 comes pre-installed.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Microsoft, Alienware.
b. Dislike: -_-

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) <- Anyone?? :p
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) <- Extended preferred ofc.
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) <- Online+Local
BTW Blue is my favorite colour! :p

--Some good questions to be answered from PC section for better understanding :)--
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gonna leave school in a few months (In 12th) Need a new PC (Laptop please) for college use (That means gaming (light - medium {like DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2, Saints Row 3 some online mmos and some fps'} ones) , I don't really watch a lot of movies but should be able to run video clips, gaming, should be able to do programming , school/college work like Office applications etc. (Programming - top priority, Gaming - 2nd, Internet Speed (A good card = less data wasted) 3rd)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k INR + 10k flexibility.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Maybe after warranty runs out. Not sure.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: *sigh* You know the one which starts with W? No it is not a Witch lol >_< it's Windows (8.1 or 10{by the time I leave school that is}), even though as much as I wanna use Linux (KALI!!) but hey I got a family here which might wanna use it too :/

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: around 250-500GB-1TB. I already own a 1TB HD but if I can get an SSD in my lappy then that's a bonus!

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes I want a monitor ofc, don't really care about resolution as long as it is minimum 1152x768 or above. Definitely above 1024x768. Should fit in with my lappy shell :p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
Instead of telling you what I don't want, I would like to mention WHAT I WANT.
A CD/DVD drive for sure no matter what.
2 USB ports or at least 1 USB 3.0 port
Card rearders will be bonus if available (I got one in my old Wipro laptop)
^^Same with Bluetooth^^ (Won't need it though you can avoid it)
Microphone (recommended but not necessary)
Speakers ({-_-} What? gaming and no speakers? lel)
Micro/head-phone jack (OFC!)
RJ45 slot (highly recommended but not necessary)
HDMI Port (recommended not necessary)
Power Outlet for my laptop charger YAY! (-_-){Da fu Just so you won't forget :p}

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: if price is real good RIGHT NOW!!! Otherwise when I give my board exams (Pray that I do well so that my budget can rise more (10-20k more?) :p )

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes and No, Have built a Desktop not laptop :/ And Yeah I will do it by myself, not an assembler (May get some helping hands{non-family} though)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow! xD I'm buying locally? lel no. Won't rule out that possibility to go to shops in person to buy but I am also willing to buy from online shops.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: 15yr old, programmer, gamer. A laptop for that sort of guy please :) Will turn 16 soon xD Will leave 12th soon :( Will enter college soon xD Need a better laptop, Would be an ULTRA-MEGA bonus if the laptop looks cool like those from alienware etc :p Don't hesitate to ask me for more info at all! :)

Thank You!

--EDIT--
Edited for better understanding

Last edited:
Acer Notebook Aspire V5 Series ASPIRE V5-573G-74508G1Taii Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.43999 Price in India - Buy Acer Notebook Aspire V5 Series ASPIRE V5-573G-74508G1Taii Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) - (8

Get it..... It has 1366x768 resolution... No OS, no DVD drive but core i7 (ulv although) & GT750M, which is great for gaming.... Just add another 4GB RAM & you are good to go... You won't get similar spec'd, CPU+GPU, laptop even below 70k

I would say, get any 1600x900p res monitor 21.5" @ around 6k, spend the rest money for a RAM & external DVD drive

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Acer Notebook Aspire V5 Series ASPIRE V5-573G-74508G1Taii Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.43999 Price in India - Buy Acer Notebook Aspire V5 Series ASPIRE V5-573G-74508G1Taii Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) - (8

Get it..... It has 1366x768 resolution... No OS, no DVD drive but core i7 (ulv although) & GT750M, which is great for gaming.... Just add another 4GB RAM & you are good to go... You won't get similar spec'd, CPU+GPU, laptop even below 70k

I would say, get any 1600x900p res monitor 21.5" @ around 6k, spend the rest money for a RAM & external DVD drive

Umm.....It comes on with Linux, well I guess I'll just have to uninstall it I guess to play games :p Will a coolpad be needed? (Since it can clock upto 3GHz) Also as I have mentioned before, I am not really a fan of big screens so I will leave that monitor part out for now :/ I like the colour and design is sleek and professional looking. But none of those cool looking laptops I guess huh :p To be honest the laptop looks quite good :) I will buy win10 with my 7k left money :p And buy a DVD/CD drive too. No USB 3.0 i see -_- I will save this laptop!
Thanks a ton for mentioning it! I will also look a few other people's post before finalizing though :p
I am a little bit hesitant because I'm afraid that it may turn out one of those laptops with great specs but lower quality :/ Will ponder on it though, it is going to my flipkart's wishlist :D

~Thanks Again!!

Umm.....It comes on with Linux, well I guess I'll just have to uninstall it I guess to play games :p Will a coolpad be needed? (Since it can clock upto 3GHz) Also as I have mentioned before, I am not really a fan of big screens so I will leave that monitor part out for now :/ I like the colour and design is sleek and professional looking. But none of those cool looking laptops I guess huh :p To be honest the laptop looks quite good :) I will buy win10 with my 7k left money :p And buy a DVD/CD drive too. No USB 3.0 i see -_- I will save this laptop!
Thanks a ton for mentioning it! I will also look a few other people's post before finalizing though :p
I am a little bit hesitant because I'm afraid that it may turn out one of those laptops with great specs but lower quality :/ Will ponder on it though, it is going to my flipkart's wishlist :D

~Thanks Again!!

I researched a bit on this laptop for my friend... One user review mentioned that it indeed has one USB 3.0 port

- - - Updated - - -

~Thanks Again!!

I researched a bit on this laptop for my friend... One user review mentioned that it indeed has one USB 3.0 port

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In

- - - Updated - - -

But it isn't mentioned officially !! O_O That makes me a bit suspicious -_- poor product quality control, I've never trusted Acer products to be honest, bcoz one of their netbooks died on my face -_- seriously just BANG!!!!!!! PEW PEW PEW!! and off -_- no more signs of life, can't even recover the HD! And the lappy was just outta warranty (3months?) And I didn't overclock, hack, root, fvck etc anything with him (It wasn't even a notebook, a NETBOOK!) but it just switched off -_- the mechanic had to gave up too (Acer showroom {I friggin spent money into that for all my preci-*cough* Hard Disk -_-}) So I'm always skeptical of Acer products, also I wanna ask that whether this lappy which you researched for friend did he buy it? And if yes then is it out of warranty? Any issues? Can he play Battlefield, DOTA, TF 2, CoD etc? Can he do programming?

That'll be all.

~Thank You

But it isn't mentioned officially !! O_O That makes me a bit suspicious -_- poor product quality control, I've never trusted Acer products to be honest, bcoz one of their netbooks died on my face -_- seriously just BANG!!!!!!! PEW PEW PEW!! and off -_- no more signs of life, can't even recover the HD! And the lappy was just outta warranty (3months?) And I didn't overclock, hack, root, fvck etc anything with him (It wasn't even a notebook, a NETBOOK!) but it just switched off -_- the mechanic had to gave up too (Acer showroom {I friggin spent money into that for all my preci-*cough* Hard Disk -_-}) So I'm always skeptical of Acer products, also I wanna ask that whether this lappy which you researched for friend did he buy it? And if yes then is it out of warranty? Any issues? Can he play Battlefield, DOTA, TF 2, CoD etc? Can he do programming?

That'll be all.

~Thank You

He didn't buy it because FK doesn't ship it to my location.... He is waiting, maybe we will do some hunting at local shops..

He currently has a 5 year old Acer laptop, whose speakers went kaput a year ago(thanks to VLC) & now has some overheating issues while gaming

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
He didn't buy it because FK doesn't ship it to my location.... He is waiting, maybe we will do some hunting at local shops..

He currently has a 5 year old Acer laptop, whose speakers went kaput a year ago(thanks to VLC) & now has some overheating issues while gaming

LOL FK doesn't ship that laptop here too :p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why did you fill questionnaire for desktop purchase too? :facepalm:

Don't fall for ulv i7s. Buy any laptop with DDR5 950m+ fhd screen+ ulv i5.

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
You actually think laptops with anything below a DDR5 gpu should be considered for gaming?

I know budget should be increased for that else OP should just get a desktop assembled.

:facepalm: Give me a gaming dektop which is ultra portable for college use and I'll assemble it myself :facepalm:
Also I am a light-medium gamer, don't need those flashy graphics, just would like to kill time. Of course I want a laptop which can run DOTA 2 or TF2 without putting them on ultra low settings, but medium settings will do for me :/

Why did you fill questionnaire for desktop purchase too? :facepalm:

Don't fall for ulv i7s. Buy any laptop with DDR5 950m+ fhd screen+ ulv i5.

Man you are getting a 4th gen i7 ULV + GT750M + 768p screen @ 43k
I guess thats an unbelievable deal considering India's laptop scenario..........

I know you are seriously unhappy with India's laptop scenario but try to adjust :p

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^i wouldn't recommend spending 40k+ on acer laptop as like you said it is an "unbelievable deal" considering India's laptop scenario.

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Man you are getting a 4th gen i7 ULV + GT750M + 768p screen @ 43k
I guess thats an unbelievable deal considering India's laptop scenario..........

I know you are seriously unhappy with India's laptop scenario but try to adjust :p

How about these 2 laptops : Lenovo Ideapad Z510 and Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, HP pavillion 15 p-278tx didn't look too bad either.
I think they are not too bad either as compared to the acer laptop you mentioned.
Also how will be the laptop industry in 9 months? (Can anyone predict that?) I can wait for that amount of time if there are chances of any good laptops coming out. I know 9 months can be a large period but please bear with this latest-hardware-noob. All I know is to make or break things xD I dunno what is latest or whatever :p The only good thing I know about hardware is that 750M GPU >> that 820M xD and similarly about i5 and i7 etc :p

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
well every one's correct here.

you could check dell 3542 with i5 and 840m for 45k. its got backlit keyboard plus touchscreen

I.'ve ordered one from snapdeal

acer one doesn't ship to my place too

You actually think laptops with anything below a DDR5 gpu should be considered for gaming?

I know budget should be increased for that else OP should just get a desktop assembled.
There are millions of people with DDR3 graphic card playing games.Happily... So to answer ur first queston= Yes, i think laptop with anything below DDR5 can be considered good for gaming,
Till 2014 i had Ati Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3. I could play 99% of the best of the best PC games out there.

Seriously your "advice" has zero to nothing usefullness when it comes to answering OP's querry.

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Uh :/ Lets not make it a debating place on who is giving the best advice, all of you guys have told me something which I was not aware of, and as I said I won't be playing on Ultra high settings anyways, I just want a laptop which can handle some good games like DOTA2 TF2 CS:GO GTA series, some online MMOs at max like neverwinter or whatever :/ And have windows OS for better compatibility with others, especially my non-techie friends/family who don't know a thing about Linux. (By the Way I hope it can handle 2 OS' as I plan on installing Linux Distro or Kali for myself and windows for normal/gaming usage :p)
So in short:
A gaming laptop under INR 50k or $800, which can play modern games at medium settings, don't give **** about webcam video editing etc, screen size shouldn't be too small a normal one will do as I am no fan of big screens, I love backlit keyboards though :p I don't want a crappy customer support in any case even if it is for $1, Optical DVD/CD readers highly recommended but can buy external, HD space can be anywhere between 250GB-Infinity -_- (I mean 1TB :p) But the most i,portant part is its clock speed, It should be greater than 1.7GHZ and should be able to turbo aroung 2.7-3.3GHZ as some games do require 2.5GHz processors :/

~Thank You!

*Noob about hardware I just saw Min sys requirements in some games saying they need xyzGHz of clock speed to run, I dunno if a computer with a lower clock speed can run those :/

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
just Google search

dell 3542541TB2BT

you can check flipkart and snapdeal

I can't post links I'm using opera mini

Sorry I've already checked out that laptop and didn't like it :/ I think I should have 6-8GB ram atleast (even though it can be expanded) what disappoints me the most is the NVidia GeForce 840M, it had a lot of bad reviews even for an entry level gaming card :/ I don't expect it to run everything on Ultra high, but medium settings should be lagless atleast. Clock speed is a bit slow too even with the Turbo Boost.

~Thank You for mentioning it though! I Appreciate it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom