A Gaming LAPTOP around Rs.65,000

1) What is your budget?
Around 60,000...i can extend it to 65,000 max...

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Doesnt matter...a 15.6 inch will b heavier for sure...

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
I'll be using it for moderate gaming (like NFS,FIFA,WATCH DOGS,tomb raider,farcry,assassins creed,GTA series,etc) as well as for programming (i'm a Computer Science Engineering Student)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
i want to go with Lenovo or HP....i'm avoiding dell,asus for the ULV processors..

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
I want at-least a 4th gen i5(4200M) , still i7 4th gen(4702MQ/4700MQ) is preferred
Full HD preferable,bt i can sacrifice it as i cant expect everything in a 60k laptop...
8Gb ram,1TB HDD(5400rpm will do)....
A good graphics card(atleast 2GB Nvidia 740m/750m or better)
Touchscreen not required,JBl-beats audio are not really important..

6) Anything else you would like to say?

I've narrowed things down to these 3....

1. Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 (59-398016) [ At local market its 57k only...impressive package,having everything but low res. display ]

2. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P (59-389687) [ So far my favourite,love everything..its FULL HD,JBL speakers,Nvidia 750 GDDR5 graphics,n the ULTRABAY....getting it for juz 55k...but its intel core i5,will it last 4years?? ]

3. Hp envy 15-j048tx/j111tx [same specs as lenovo Z510,great looks,beats audio......getting it for 64k.....bt HP is known for heating issues n several others...will it serve my needs??]

My queries are..
a) is Lenovo ideapad Z510 worth buying ignoring the display?? and will it serve my needs ?? can it bear heavy usage??

b)the LENOVO IDEAPAD Y510P(i5 version) is my favorite so far.....i'm getting it for 55,000 rupees...bt will the intel i5 suit my needs and serve me for next 4years ?? will the i5 effect the performance?? is it future-proof?? or i should prefer the intel i7 (4700MQ/4702MQ) ??

any advice or suggestion is welcome...please let me know if there are any issues with the above laptops...thanks in advance...

paw1

Broken In
The i7 is a significant bit faster than the i5 (Almost 2x more - at least for multithreaded operations). I do not know if the i5 would bottleneck the GPU or not (why isn't there any tool to check this yet?), but that will only matter while gaming. Other operations would benefit from the i7.

Check this :

Comparison

OP
S

soumik13101995

Broken In
well as i was searching i came across a post saying...
"at 1366x768 pixels on a 15.1 inch screen, which means your games will get more of a boost thanks to the lower resolution. This also means you can crank up the graphics settings to High or Ultra in some games. "

that means the Nvidia 750M 2GB can't handle 1080p display that well?? so if i get y510p,i have to play games at low/medium?? but with a 768p i can play games at high/ultra settings??

- - - Updated - - -

i think the price of the y510p i7 version is above 72k in local stores....because online pricing shows above 70k..i dont want to buy it online,so its well above my budget.....do u have any idea about the price at local market??

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
well as i was searching i came across a post saying...
"at 1366x768 pixels on a 15.1 inch screen, which means your games will get more of a boost thanks to the lower resolution. This also means you can crank up the graphics settings to High or Ultra in some games. "

that means the Nvidia 750M 2GB can't handle 1080p display that well?? so if i get y510p,i have to play games at low/medium?? but with a 768p i can play games at high/ultra settings??

- - - Updated - - -

i think the price of the y510p i7 version is above 72k in local stores....because online pricing shows above 70k..i dont want to buy it online,so its well above my budget.....do u have any idea about the price at local market??

You can play games at 768p in a 1080p screen but you can't do that the opposite way(you can technically but that will strain your eyes to a great extent).

OP
S

soumik13101995

Broken In
thanks..n another thing..
with moderate/high gaming, multimedia usage, college-needs n all...will the i5 y510p last 4years ?? ...(actually its my 1st lappy,so I am worrying this much)....or in this case the i7-4702MQ(lenovo z510) will be more reliable??

paw1

Broken In
thanks..n another thing..
with moderate/high gaming, multimedia usage, college-needs n all...will the i5 y510p last 4years ?? ...(actually its my 1st lappy,so I am worrying this much)....or in this case the i7-4702MQ(lenovo z510) will be more reliable??
If you'll be gaming for most of the time, you might as well go for z510. Even if you can play some games at mid settings on 1080p, you'll get much better fps at 720p. For a 15 inch screen, and for gaming, I don't feel it is worth giving up i7 for a FHD screen.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
is there any chance of bottleneck with the i5-4200M cpu with 750m GPU?? coz in games like watch dogs,the CPU requirement is much higher....

core i5-4200M will bottleneck games like Crysis 3 and Watch_Dogs because these games like multiple threads. Regardless, GT 740m will bottleneck everything because all games like a powerful GPU.

OP
S

soumik13101995

Broken In
If you'll be gaming for most of the time, you might as well go for z510. Even if you can play some games at mid settings on 1080p, you'll get much better fps at 720p. For a 15 inch screen, and for gaming, I don't feel it is worth giving up i7 for a FHD screen.

i am not avoiding the i7 for the FHD screen,screen doesnt matter.....z510 i7 has got nvidia gt 740m....i am rather cautious about the GPU... nvidia 740m 2gb GPU which is quite weak than Nvidia GDDR5 750m 2gb....since heavy gaming is my primary need, so i think i5 4200m with 750m GPU will be better......though still in doubt about the bottleneck issue...

paw1

Broken In
i am not avoiding the i7 for the FHD screen,screen doesnt matter.....z510 i7 has got nvidia gt 740m....i am rather cautious about the GPU... nvidia 740m 2gb GPU which is quite weak than Nvidia GDDR5 750m 2gb....since heavy gaming is my primary need, so i think i5 4200m with 750m GPU will be better......though still in doubt about the bottleneck issue...

Ah! I had forgotten that z510 and y510p had different GPUs. From the benchmarks, it seems that 750M is much better than 740M.

OP
S

soumik13101995

Broken In
OH great....the y510p i5 has been out of stock permanently...i have searched the local market today....now its out of stock in the official website too....so lenovo z510 is the only way out....thinking of increasing my budget to get the lenovo y510p(intel core i7), too costly though.......any suggestion about any other model (i7 only) ??

Last edited:
Top Bottom