A future proof mobile

pauldmps

Banned
I would like to introduce all you folks to the Samsung Wave II (or Wave s8500, if you could find one). I know its Bada; but in the coming year, I firmly believe that the OS will get a huge no. of apps. The interface of the OS is great as it packs all the goodness of other OS. Also the specs of the phone is a steal at its price.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ have u seen the native interface of Wave? i mean BADA 2 or so? i doubt cause it ships with the world famous TouchWiz 3.0 interface. so you pick up any Samsung mobile & you end up having kind of the same interface, except the internal interface of the features or the options.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
a quick update. flipkart is selling HTC desire for 23.5k as they are bringing in Desire HD for 27.5k. better grab one before stocks dry up.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps you need to browse the Internet a little more!

Or I'll make it even easier for you - Name your requirements and I'll name the App for you.

PS: Don't come up with requirements that require Nokia 5800 to cook and clean up! It doesn't PERIOD
Facts are facts. Applications for Nokia 5800 are NOT huge in number. ;)

Also, look for a phone called HTC Wildfire for a phone which costs 15k and has a 240X320 res screen. Yeah I know Wildfire prices have been reduced by a HUGE 1000Rs. today!
HTC Wildfire and SE X10 mini. The only two fones with QVGA afaik around that price. These are hardly suggested by anyone over here.

LG Optimus One for 11k is the VFM Android and a better deal than Nokia 5800 was when I had bought it.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ have u seen the native interface of Wave? i mean BADA 2 or so? i doubt cause it ships with the world famous TouchWiz 3.0 interface. so you pick up any Samsung mobile & you end up having kind of the same interface, except the internal interface of the features or the options.

Do you think that touchwiz is an extra layer of UI over Bada ? I don't think so. It is not like Android on which another interface is added on top of Bada. Since Samsung developed both Touchwiz & Bada, the might have used the identical Touchwiz-based UI for Bada too. Otherwise it would have an option to turn off Touchwiz. A googling for "Turn off Touchwiz Wave s8500" did not provide any such result.

I have not used the phone myself (only seen the specs, review & price online) & I firmly believe that the Bada would be a great success in future (maybe 2011).

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ICO ....I think there is sufficient number of application for 5800...name some example to justify that u feel is not for 5800 and is available for android or IOS

I think samsung is putting great efforts in Bada OS and it will be great if they develop useful applictions for it:)

The new WAVE 2 is great looker and have descent specs with 3.7inch SLCD screen

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ICO ....I think there is sufficient number of application for 5800...name some example to justify that u feel is not for 5800 and is available for android or IOS
A decent IRC client was what I needed. jmIRC (java), mirggi and phIRC don't cut it for me.

vishurocks

Journeyman
I have already suggested some guys that wave and wave 2 are unbeatable performers at their price. No other phone supports such large number of video quality, and has amazing audio quality. Camera is also very nice, although with 5mp resolution only. But for those who want more resolution and better picture quality, then why to bother with a cellphone. Just buy a digicam with a far lesser price and better picture quality.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LG Optimus One for 11k is the VFM Android and a better deal than Nokia 5800 was when I had bought it.

u kidding, right? :shock:

Do you think that touchwiz is an extra layer of UI over Bada ? I don't think so. It is not like Android on which another interface is added on top of Bada. Since Samsung developed both Touchwiz & Bada, the might have used the identical Touchwiz-based UI for Bada too. Otherwise it would have an option to turn off Touchwiz. A googling for "Turn off Touchwiz Wave s8500" did not provide any such result.

maybe what you saying is right. BADA mayn't even have an interface. i mean it works with whatever interface you able to add to it. chances are BADA II will have a different UI. can be.

Top Bottom