A few questions related to N70 ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
Hi,

1. Today I was just checking out the features of Nokia Gallery on my Nokia N70 and installed "Hutch Music on Demand" application from it. After a little trial, I found it not upto my taste and went to application manager to uninstall it but it is not listed in there :( Now I am stuck with this pesky little thing on my phone. Not that it is bothering me much but I just want to uninstall it. How do I do it? Is there any third party uninstall application available that can remove it?

2. After installing a few applications on my phone, I find "My Own" folder having lots of icons. What I want is to create sub-folders in this folder for better organisation but no option of "New Folder" is coming under "Options" menu. Is it possible to create sub-folder in "My Own" folder? Can someone using N70 confirm this thing?

3. The phone came with lots of pre-installed apps on the memory card. I have heard Nokia hides SIS files used for installation on memory card itself. Does someone have any idea in which folder these SIS files are? I want to save these files separately so that I can use them if ever need them. I have tried looking with FExplorer but couldn't find them.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Regards,
Eddie

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
1. Try AppZ manager... for uninstalling... i was once stuck in the same way with Nokia Sensor software in my 6681..

2. I presently owe N73 so no answer..

3. Those Sis files are not on ur fone... u can have some of them from Nokia website

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
1. Can you please provide a link for AppZ Manager? I tried googling but could not find it.

3. Oh...So if I ever update my phone software...what do I do then? Doesn't it remove all those installed applications? I have the installation files of 3rd party apps but what about ones that were given by Nokia? Like Quickoffice and Acrobat Reader etc.?

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Well the link is great man but I don't really wanna download software right now. I want to get rid of one :)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
please don;t give links to external forums here... and u will get those preinstalled apps in Nokia site

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Thanks for that Nokia site tip :D
I went to nokia-asia.com and downloaded all those apps. Now can you please tell me about the AppZ Manager? That will be really helpful :)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well we cannot give softwares here and the name of the thing is Application Manager ... so try googling around and u wll find that

K

krazyfrog

Just do it the old fashioned way. Download Smartfileman or FExplorer, then open it and go to E:\System\Apps and then delete the folders of the apps that you don't want. Simple. Also you can use the Search function of the above mentioned apps to search for your sis files, if you're sure they're their on your card.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
eddie said:
2. After installing a few applications on my phone, I find "My Own" folder having lots of icons. What I want is to create sub-folders in this folder for better organisation but no option of "New Folder" is coming under "Options" menu. Is it possible to create sub-folder in "My Own" folder? Can someone using N70 confirm this thing?

Sub folders are not allowed! You can make as many folders in the main menu though..

Pathik

Google Bot
1. use FExplorer goto e/system/apps and delete the apps u dont want...
2. its possible to create sub folders in s60 fones... ther s a trick wich i ll post later...
3. u can download these 4m the nokia site or create them urself using apps like instant sis... or instant me...
3) start installin anything..
4)go 2 any icon(not folder) on menu & click left key
5) wait till installation finishes & ur selected cursor automaticly move 2 folder @1place
6) since wid left key options were already open u will get move 2 folder option @folder
7)move 2 any folder u like..
8)thank me :)) :))

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

^^ Great idea. But it doesn't seem to work in my QD. The installation pauses if application manager is minimised. Or sometimes after pressing left soft key on another icon in menu, the application manager suddenly again gets maximised and the options menu which was opened goes away. Might work in higher versions of Symbian. Great idea nonetheless. Reps for you!

Pathik

Google Bot
yup dude it didnt work for me on my qd too....
but i tried it on os 7+ fones n it worked...
but the reason ws different... the whole procedure works but wen u finally move the folder to another u get a system error in os6/6.1 fones... donno y...

Last edited:
OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
But how do I do it? When ever I start installation from file manager...it remains stuck in there. If I keep the menu key pressed then I get the option to select "Telephone" and "File Manager". Now I can select telephone and minimize the installation but as soon as I resume it...file manager opens again. :|

Oh btw I was able to uninstall that media player. I downloaded AppMan and installed it...then came to know some details about the media player and uninstalled from nokia application manager itself but I still don't know which application ajayashish was talking about. Were you talking about appman only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom