A faint sound coming from my new Asus Tuf A15

DeadBoy

Broken In
I got a new Tuf A15 a few days ago and yesterday I noticed a faint sound coming from it. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe like an insect chirping? I don't hear it on my older laptops.
It isn't loud. I can hear it in silence during the night or if I put my ear on the chassis during the day time.
I've uploaded the sound clip here.
I don't get this sound always.
Is this normal or could be a cause for concern?

Last edited:

Neo

I think th fan blades are hitting something ever so slightly. Not really a concern if you're having normal temperatures and don't mind the sound

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Fan blades might be clogged with dust that may be causing sound with rotating. Might need to clear insides of laptop.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DeadBoy

Broken In
I think th fan blades are hitting something ever so slightly. Not really a concern if you're having normal temperatures and don't mind the sound
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the sound as long as it doesn't negatively affect the PC.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Coil whine maybe?

Does that happen in laptop?? It may come from the charger then. Else, coil is only in the LCD inverter of laptop, But that does not cause this sound.

@DeadBoy it is the fan's voice. as thats the only moving part. Also does your laptop have HDD, as some specifically toshiba ones have this problem of loud rattling. It is normal though.

OP
D

DeadBoy

Broken In
Does that happen in laptop?? It may come from the charger then. Else, coil is only in the LCD inverter of laptop, But that does not cause this sound.

@DeadBoy it is the fan's voice. as thats the only moving part. Also does your laptop have HDD, as some specifically toshiba ones have this problem of loud rattling. It is normal though.
Yeah, it does have a HDD. If it's normal, then I guess I don't need to worry.

Coil whine does happen in some laptops, kind of common issue in Dell XPS 13. Not sure if that is coil whine though.

Top Bottom