A DSLR under 30k

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
In Canon dont go lower than a EOS600D in Nikon dont go lower than D5100. Sooner than later you will miss the various controls and manual options. Later on get good glasses.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=150899]ishan99[/MENTION] all those number you stated in 24vs 16mp , color bit and all snapsort things doesnt event matter in reality

24mp means bigger file ...which also mean u will have lot bigger RAW file like 40MB or so...now for that u will need higher processing PC too..and a twice bigger HDD too ;)
color bit you will never come to notice even if u get a D7100 vs D3100

now flip out is very useful for macros
HDR is useful for landscapes
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] for him 40mm 2.8 will be good ...it will take good macro 20mm is for 1:1 distance ...just take 1:2 from 40mm :) my lens is a 1:2 and I never have issue ...and even if you get 1.8 lens its DOF is too less at that...we have to shoot at 2.8 most of time for portraits

other question MF vs AF on macro - yes for macro MF and back screen is much more useful...but you can not shoot a butterfly with a MF lens...its just too fast ...and its good to have AF too for other uses like portraits
sigma 70-300 is a 1:2 macro lens at 200mm-300mm range...soo that makes it too long on front...very small space to capture...and lastly not as sharp as a macro lens ...but its definitely usable

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
But 40mm f2.8 from nikon costs 16k, and d5100 is 27k. It is way over my budget.
So I've decided that I will go for D5100, but which lens should I buy?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
40 mm 2.8 from canon ??? nikon 40mm 2.8 is a macro lens

- - - Updated - - -

D5100 is a good dslr...u wont regreat

sujoyp

Grand Master
problem is you dont have many choices in macro...get D5100 for now...for the time being play with kit lens....and save for macro lens..

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
I myself am not sure. From my perspective(a noob's one), it's all confusing. I think it's better to use the stock ones. Once I get familiar with the camera, I'll go for the accessories.

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
Sorry!!! I thought that I closed the thread. Anyways, thanks to all you guys. Bought the Nikon D5100. It's with my brother, and he is in love with it.

Top Bottom