A decent laptop around 25K

MegaMind

Human Spambot
1) What is your budget? 25K(+/-2K)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Any
b. Dislike: Nothing in paticular.

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, movies, youtube videos, occasional music.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Occasional flash games.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
1-2hrs.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Win 7 or DOS.

I have Asus X54H-SX227D in mind..

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Megamind, for you kind of work, I think Core i3 is a overkill. My suggestion is opt for 2nd Gen Dual core B950/B940 based Laptops which are actually Core i3 processor with HT disabled. The reason is that on that budget you will get GT 520M 1GB Graphics card, if you opt for Asus Laptop.

My suggestion is Asus A43SJ-VX502D which with 4GB ram (upgraded from 2 GB) will come within 25K. I have verified both in Kolkata and BBSR and the price is far lower than the Online prices...contact Rashi Peripherals directly ( I did the same). I'm having this one and even Gaming is possible with lower-mid setting. Only drawback is it is a 14" notebook.

The Specs are

Intel 2nd Gen Dual Core B940 (2 GHz, 2 MB Cache, 2 Threads, HD 2000 Gfx)
Intel H65M Motherboard
2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram (Upgrade it to 4 GB with 500 bucks extra)
500 GB WD 5400 RPM SATA HDD
1GB GT 520M DDR3 GRaphics
2 USB 2.0 port
1 USB 3.0 port
Bluetooth V 3.0
Broadcom Wi-fi 101.11 b/g/n
0.3 Megapixel Webcam
14" LED Glossy Display with 1366X768 Resolution (exceptionally good, tested by me)
Nvidia Optimus Enabled
Full Brushed Alluminium Body
4.3 Hrs of Battery back up in Entertainment Mode and 3 Hrs + with the highest Performance Mode (tested by Me, even with 1080P HD Video)

This Laptop is really a Gem for its price. You might get little woried because of the Dual Core B940 processor but just check the Benchmark results and you'll find that B940 is just behind of i3 2310M processor. I played Mass Effect a & 2, COD3 and Black Ops, Fifa 11 in it without any issues. It also support Multi-Touch for its Touchpad. The bundled Asus Software are excellent too.

If you can spend another 3K then simply get the Core i3 2310M version of it, rest of the configs are identical. In Kolkata, it is available at 28K. Verified in December End.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Thanks Cilus..
This laptop is for my cousin, i'll try to explain her the diff. betwn B940 & i3...

aroraanant

Explorer
Apart from the laptop you listed you can also have a look at sony VPCEG25EN(this one is really good,will cost you 28k) and VPCEH25EN(it doesn't comes in your budget as it costs 30-31k)
and Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012 has the best specs but I don't like the build quality of this laptop,easily available for 29k or less and there was a offer going on by Toshiba in which they were offering Philips 5.1 speakers with every laptop 2 weeks back

Top Bottom