A cell phone for an overactive student? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
I am pretty confused here. Well, not really, I'd love to have picked something out of the Nokia N-series or something, but thats just not about to happen >_< I'm about to get into college soon, so I think its high time I put my ancient Nokia 2610(I think thats what it is o_O) to rest :p (amazingly, its STILL in pretty decent condition *wubs my antique handset*).

So! I'd love some suggestions/recommendations here. Let me be a little clearer with the speficications:

1 .Must have a camera.
DEFINITELY. A VGA is fine...but anything better is obviously welcome.

2. FM/MP3 features
o_O...well, thats a neat add-on.

3. Must be reasonably sturdy
Okay, I admit, I can be a klutz >_< I don't want something delicate thats gonna fall apart after 2 months.

4. Shouldn't be pricey
=.=...my limit is approximately 5k. The lower the price, the happier my parents will be -___-;;

5. It shouldn't look like a piece of junk.

I love my antique nokia handset, but some of my friends have suggested that I go in for a sony erricson or motorola instead of a nokia phone. They say its cheaper...and they come with great functions. What do you guys say?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
It is always depending on you. If you want gr8 music then go for SE or if you want to have gr8 functioning (like S40 or Symbian's S60) and features then go for Nokia device. I'm not saying that Nokia doesn't have gr8 music.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
For 5k, get a K510i. It lacks FM though & only has 28 MB Memory.

Other option is SE K320i, 15 MB non expandable memory but FM & a VGS Camera.

In Nokia, well....I would prefer Nokia guys to talk about it as my knowledge about Nokia isn't much

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey look if the phone does'nt hv FM dont worry coz u can get headsets that hv FM tuner built into them !!
see if u can expand ur budget to 6k u will hv many options.

K

krazyfrog

Go for either K510i or Z530i. The former is a candybar while the latter is a clamshell. The former has 1.3 mpix camera, TFT display but lacks memory card slot. The latter has bluetooth and memory card slot but has a VGA camera. Neither phones have fm or EDGE.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey look for MP3 capabalities u need to hv expansion slots.
look at that SAMSUNG E250. its got all. but its not a nokia or sony erricson
also VGA cam.can easily get it for 6k and around.
SEw200i has no bluetooth.but has infrared. u can bargain it to say 6k.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
increase ur budget by abt 1k and get a n5200. thats ur best bet. but its not as sturdy as a candybar eq. clamshells and sliders (n5200) always tend to be more delicate then their candybar counterparts.

however, if u are not looking at a phone which has loads of memory for mp3 songs but which allows u to use mp3 ringtones u can give nokia 6070 a try. it has fm and vga cam but only 3.2mb memory and comes under 5k.

u can also haf a look at n6085. it has everything u ask for. but doesn't come wid any memory card bundled and is a clamshell phone.

from the SE stables: the cheapest walkman phone is abt 7k, w200i. tho is has all the features u ask for it doesn't haf BT. i'd suggest against the k320i. get k510i instead if u can live widout fm. in that price range ~5k, it provides the best camera (1.3mp) and also has 28mb of internal memory (but no expandable memory). sweet deal. one more option is z530i. again its clamshell phone but lacks fm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom