A Bigger, Fresher, Newer GOG.com

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The grand daddy of DRM free games website has gotten, by their own words, Bigger, Fresher, Newer. Right from the horse's mouth:-

Bigger
Year after year we’re getting bigger and so our service needs to adjust. Bigger means more users, and therefore more website features, more social interaction, more customer love. Bigger means AAA new and newer titles and more partners--and especially developers!--signed every month. Bigger means a mix of the classic titles that you’ve come to know and love from GOG.com and newer with the kind of great gameplay that makes them feel like instant classics.

Fresher

GOG.com does not need a brand-new start. We’re doing great and hundreds of thousands of you agree that the road we’ve taken is the right one for the industry to follow. However, spring is nearby, and a little cleaning to spruce up the place is never amiss. Fresher GOG.com means changes to the website layout, which now offers a more modern look; it also means we’re featuring our Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus accounts at the footer of every page and more social integration overall. Fresher means more of the features you want. The My Account page now has a built-in search feature, new organization options for the games library, and the website is no longer the only way to deliver notifications to gamers. We’re offering the new, faster than ever GOG.com downloader, which integrates support for downloading game patches, goodies, and notifications to keep GOG users up to date on changes to games they have purchased, replies to forum threads, or PMs.

Newer
Don’t worry, no matter how new we’re getting, GOG.com will always stick to our three core values: No DRM, Fair Pricing, and Love for our GOG-ers. Newer means simply newer games, whether they’re big, recognized names, indie games, day-one releases, or pre-orders. Pre-order for Legend of Grimrock for only $11.99 today, or pick up Trine and The Whispered World right now; Spacechem, Machinarium, and Darwinia are coming soon. We have more than 20 great indie and newer games signed on GOG.com that will be showing up in the next few months.. These games lead the way on our the transition from Good Old Games to simply GOG.com. It doesn’t matter what G, O, and G stand for, Gee Oh Gee dot com stands for high-quality, DRM-free gaming, each week with bigger and newer games.

Future
As the world changes, so are we, and this is only the beginning. As always, we rely heavily on user opinions and wishes. A new revamped Community Wishlist now allows users to suggest, vote, and discuss games and site features they'd love to see on GOG.com. You make all of this possible. Thank you and stay tuned for more amazing in coming days, weeks, months, and years to come.

The website now sports a modern look, far off from its "good old" image. Hopefully more newer games, particularly indie titles will be on the deck. If you are a fan of older RPG games this is the place to hunt for. Two biggest advantages of games purchased from GOG are:-

1) DRM free (goes without saying)
2) Guaranteed to run on both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows 7 apart from Vista & XP, no matter how old the games are.

GOG.com

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
No experience about their DLM, (I) always download files manually. They have said the DLM has been improved, so may be the bugs have been taken care of.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they offer then it will be DRM free at their portal. Though I doubt Diablo III will be offered via GOG.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got this mail from GOG:-

*i.imgur.com/1f6yz.jpg

10:30 pm ist...

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are talking about a "legendary" rpg as a free gift. Any guess?

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have an account in GOG, you have to make the purchase for $0.00 once it is live, mostly within 24 hours unless it is absolutely free. After purchase, you can download it anytime.

If Deux Ex (they have the GOTY edition in their catalog), then it would be probably for 24 hours.

Spring Conference is live now, they have started with Witcher 2.

Enhanced Edition update for PC is 10+GB. :shock: My oh my...

And it's Fallout - free for next 48 hours!!!

Top Bottom