A Bigger, Fresher, Newer GOG.com

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't matter. Once the game is in your account, you can download n no. of times. Also if the link get expired, just get a fresh one clicking the download at GOG, cancel the download, copy the link, replace the link of the old download and start from where it was left. That's if you are using a download manager.

Or you can use the vastly improved GOG downloader. No problem with resuming downloads. Also you can download all the goodies at a single go.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Fallout MODs - Fallout Series - Forum - - GOG.com

also is this the only game that will be given out free for a limited time ?

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fallout MODs - Fallout Series - Forum - - GOG.com

also is this the only game that will be given out free for a limited time ?

There are 7 games which is free and given to you when you register. And they periodically give free gifts like this one. Last Christmas it was Empire Earth Gold Edition.

Just registered on the site. the interface is nice.

and gues what, I also got 6 free games. yay! :p

It's 7. Search for Treasure Adventure Game.

The one thing I found so attractive about GOG is that gamers like us who have started late or those who have just started gaming, can actually turn back the clock to see what veterans talk about, to get a feel of it and that too on the latest OS out of the box. Fallout can actually help me decide whether to support Wasteland 2 kickstarter project. Also there's the original Syndicate which gives you an insight of what it was actually 20 years earlier.

Not to mention, CD Projekt and GOG are one of those rare entities these days who actually listen to their customers and give them more than their money's worth. Hats off.

Those who are interested in seeing last night's conference have a look here:-

CD Projekt RED Group Spring Conference 2012, CD Projekt RED Group Spring Conference 2012 CD_Projekt_RED on USTREAM. Gaming Entertainment

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
A very interesting interview from GOG.com, on games, pricing, Kickstarter projects and obviously DRM:-

*www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/11/interview-gog-speak-their-brains-on-all-things-g/

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope something big will come out soon, a DRM free Age of Empires may be? ;)

GOG has "gotten really far" in talks with either Microsoft, Take-Two, or LucasArts | News | PC Gamer

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dangerous Dave lands on GOG:-

Dangerous Dave Pack for download $5.99 - GOG.com

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
News - Announcement: GOG.com Now Supports Windows 8 Officially! - GOG.com

Almost 90% games are covered.

gameranand

Living to Play
Damn this site offers so much. Apart from game, it is offering Soundtrack, pamplets, maps, comics and what not. Its like I have fought a friggin Collector's Edition. :p

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, and it is so disappointing to see OST missing from both the Book of Unwritten Tales games. :(

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Maybe it wasn't released officially. I guess if there was such thing then they would had included that as well. :)
GOG just got my favorite shop for games. :p

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really, actually the deluxe editions in Steam have OST and other goodies, like making of videos etc. Strange really.

gameranand

Living to Play
Not really, actually the deluxe editions in Steam have OST and other goodies, like making of videos etc. Strange really.

Well then its indeed strange. But still I won't complain, atleast games are DRM free unlike Steam.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Omerta: City of Gangsters landed in GOG, this year's first big release:-

Omerta: City of Gangsters for download $33.99 - GOG.com

Top Bottom