A big dellima XP, 7 or Fedora Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hello frnds yesterday i downloaded Windows 7 and installed it. This was the first windows which I like so much. But I already has XP and Fedora 10 installed and i also installed a third operating system Win 7. I want only two of these to be installed. I want Fedora 10 because it's best OS for me. So help me from XP and Win 7. Tell me which one will be better. Also i have Windows 7 RC1.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
since you saying that your primary os is Fedora than you choose Win7 as secondary, bcoz its better and the new build is very stable. almost all the software are supported. easily driver support.

between what config you have? are you using x64 or x86?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Windows 7 is good enough to be a primary OS even though it's still RC. I'd say that you keep Fedora and Windows 7, just like everyone else has suggested. You won't miss XP if you have enough RAM.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
since you saying that your primary os is Fedora than you choose Win7 as secondary, bcoz its better and the new build is very stable. almost all the software are supported. easily driver support.

between what config you have? are you using x64 or x86?

I use x86 processor Intel Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz. My RAM is 1.5 Gb and a 160 Gb HDD that too going low on space. I think you are right i must use win 7 instead of xp. good suggestion. Ok will decide after i will download Fedora 11.

But there is one problem that i m using Quick Heal Firewall in xp and i nearly know everything about this firewall as i m having a limited broadband connection (1.5 gb). So i have to limit my usage by blocking some programs through firewall in xp. But this firewall doesn't work in win 7. When i install it in win 7 then after shut down it shows Blue Screen of Death. I have also tried zone alarm firewall but that too not working in win 7. Also becoming expert in other firewall(if it will get installed) will take time and that's what i dont have. So if you can help me installing Quick Heal Firewall that will be good.

Last edited:
It all depends upon the usage pattern. You cant blindly say that one OS is better than other. I presume you are not much into gaming, and your usage mioght not be that intense. Choosing W7 is a wise idea for you will be acquainted with the latest in the OS world and its any way free for a year :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom