A 256 DDR or a 128 G.C ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aakash

Broken In
Hello friends,
my config is 2.8 HT, 865, 256 DDR and 16 MB sharable. Now i want to play the latest games on my pc. so what would be better a Graphics card or another 256 DDr or a single 512 MB DDR? Help me out and if possible please quote the prices. Thank you.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: main point is .. >> adding more RAM will NOT allow u to play current gen games with just 16MB shared VRAM....

:arrow: if u wanna go for gfx card((AGP )) then just search the forums...u'll find plenty of posts related to gfx cards... :roll:

:arrow: if ur not a die hard gamer,nd just wanna increase the performance of the computer nd is contended with the games that u WERE able to play then go for RAM upgrade .. 256MB DDR400 will be around 2100, 512MB for 4000 ..

:wink:

funkymonkey

Journeyman
frankly you have to do both.
If you are using single chip of 256MB with P4 2.8 then you are westing the power of P4 by not utilising the Dual Channel DDR.
With 256MB RAM you wont be able to run games smoothly anyway.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Now The Latest Means Doom 3 Or The Likes Of It I Suppose Right Now 8)......That Means A Definite Upgrade For Both :D
So Then The 16MB Shared Definetly Puts This Games Outta Option :(
So Then The Graphic Card Entry Should Be Made Should't It......So First Go For The Gfx card And Then The Ram Part.....Graphics Card Purchase Depends Solely On Ur Budget And Since U Havent Specified Any Let Me Just Assume Its a High One (Just For The Sake Of it :lol:)......So Enter Ati Radeon 9800Pro For Around 14k And The Geforce 6800 Ultra 128MB Or 256MB (Optional) Do Drill A Even Bigger Hole In Ur Pocket For Somewhere around 18 to 19k.......Now The Ram Part Cause This Definetly Ensures More Speed and Faster Load Times for The Games......So Enter Another 256MB Chip (As there's Not Much Point In Investing For another 512Mb Separate Ram Chip).....It Will Be Somewhere Around 1.5k Depending On The Make Of The Ram.....:)

rohanbee

Padawan
I think when one talks about latest games.............you wanna know what kind...............im a strategy gamer so graphics card can be done without however with the current crop of rpg and shooter games you need a top notch card.........
Ram obviously helps quite a bit but i think it does not help playing graphics intensive games to that extent...........
Both things can be done with or without...........cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom