980 Ti vs the upcoming 1080

D

Deleted member 118788

Hey guys,

Will the upcoming 1080 be faster than the 980 Ti? According to the info leaked till now, it seems that 1080 will be faster than 980 but slower than 980 Ti. What do you think guys? I am asking since I have ordered a 980 Ti and reconsidering my decision.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hey guys,

Will the upcoming 1080 be faster than the 980 Ti? According to the info leaked till now, it seems that 1080 will be faster than 980 but slower than 980 Ti. What do you think guys? I am asking since I have ordered a 980 Ti and reconsidering my decision.

There is no confirmation till now, as there is no official word from Nvidia, and its better not to base a purchase based on speculation.
If you can wait, i would definitely recommend waiting for Pascal. If not for the new GPU, price drops in current ones itself.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Cancel that 980ti and wait for pascal hbm. Buying 980ti so late isn't vice since we pay a lot more compared to others in our country

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

There is no confirmation till now, as there is no official word from Nvidia, and its better not to base a purchase based on speculation.
If you can wait, i would definitely recommend waiting for Pascal. If not for the new GPU, price drops in current ones itself.

Cancel that 980ti and wait for pascal hbm. Buying 980ti so late isn't vice since we pay a lot more compared to others in our country

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already built my new system and GPU is only missing. I tried to wait but couldn't wait. Price cuts in India are never on the same time. Mods: please close this thread.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for your suggestion. I have already built my new system and GPU is only missing. I tried to wait but couldn't wait. Price cuts in India are never on the same time. Mods: please close this thread.

What is the config for your new system? How much did it cost overall.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

next series will take atleast august to hit india and 1080 will cost 60k+. there will be no hbm

1080 will be replacing 980. So, no way it could be priced that high. We are not sure about the actual performance yet. If the architecture is much faster than the current gen then it won't matter which memory it uses. Anyways, I have got a 980 Ti. You can see my new setup in my other thread.

Top Bottom