9400GT or HD4350????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
But ultimately he didn't buy the mobo, he only bought the processor, so he could have done that with an AMD proccy too.

5500 for GT220, I don't know why one would go for something which is worth 4000 at 5500, even if availability is a concern

he brought proccy alone. but as Intel motherboards are available, he can simply get one.

GT220 = HD4670, or little slower in performance. also its overpriced. OP's price is super overpriced.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Traveling to Kolkata & buying the PC would have turned out cheaper even with the traveling costs included and you could have bought something better than pentium dual core (I had even forgotten that there was one Intel's dual core option before the core processor's came along :-D), would have just needed parents permission & 3 day's time

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Traveling to Kolkata & buying the PC would have turned out cheaper even with the traveling costs included and you could have bought something better than pentium dual core (I had even forgotten that there was one Intel's dual core option before the core processor's came along :-D), would have just needed parents permission & 3 day's time

Intel going to launch a few more Dual Cores today & in coming months (LGA775 based). more here: Intel getting ready to launch four sub $150 desktop processors.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i cant buy online coz i dont have bank account. i can only pay throgh moneyorder or bank draft. any site avaialbe which can accept draft/moneyorder?

is it safe? i have never used draft/moneyorder to buy stuff online

it is point of view GT220 1GB DDR3 @Rs5500/- what is its cost in other part of india?

i thought same when i saw its high price. i can buy a zotac GT240 cheaper than that. but due to lack of availability. i planned to buy GT220.

also note that i still use 17 monitor and i am happy with 1024X768 resolution. i play @ 800X600 this tine

Last edited:
OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
as i said AVAILABILITY is main concern. i have already told u that i have only 3 options here.
9400GT
HD4350
GT220

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
as i said AVAILABILITY is main concern. i have already told u that i have only 3 options here.
9400GT
HD4350
GT220

So what, deposit the money in rahul- ITWares guy account and purchase the product. Now dont tell me that there is no bank in your city. :D

Its always wise to get the better option and among the three you mentioned nothing is worth the money. So go for what i've said

The URL is TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i cant open bank acc. i am still 17 and i dont have bank acc. :O

looks like i dont have any options left. i will go for GT220.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
my father??? he will say "why you need a graphics card to play game? games already run on your PC".

i have decided that i will buy one from 9600GT or 9800GT or GT220

lol i was planning to buy HD5770 but stopped. what i will do with that when i have only 17" monitor

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i just ordered GT240 for Rs5350/-
is 450W odyssey SMPS enough for it?

should have ordered Sapphire HD5670 512Mb from IT wares. inc of carry charge, the price will come out same as this one. anyway not a bad choice. just lacks DX11.

about the PSU. it isn't among the good brands. if the system isn't heavy on power requirements, should run with no problem.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont think it is too power hungry.

i have
pentium dual core E5300
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
2GB DDRII 800MHz RAM
500GB SATA HDD
LG IDE DVD burner
450W SMPS
:grin:
BTW that dealer told me that GT240 is available. i asked for HD5670 in every shop. tried to order but they told me that they can only sell HD4350 of ATI radeon series. no 5xxx series is available.

BTW GT220 was available for Rs4200 here.

OMG what if i bought from that old dealer? thank god that card was already sold when i asked for it one week ago.:lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
from 9400GT to GT240 :-D

sadly no HD5670s and HD5750s were available :-x

HD5750 is badly priced. HD5670 is best VFM card in the budget section & also without any dedicated external power. GT240 is another good one. just its price a bit high considering HD5670 will fetch DX11 & also outperforms GT240. i'll suggest GT240 @ 4.5k will be a better buy than all other sub 5k cards from Nvidia or AMD.

Top Bottom