8800GTX xxx OR Lower 8 series DOOMED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkpeerless

In the zone
well if this happens people will shift to console bcose no one can afford to coply with so much change so suddenly...............

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
besides most people are staying in dx9, and dx 10.1 will be dx10 compatible that means games that support dx10.1 will also support dx10

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
arre bhai log there aren't many dx10 exclusive games in market today forget about dx10.1 exclusive.More than 90% gamer community is still dx9c based cos it is so much refined now.

Stalker

Padawan
niraj trehan said:
are yaaro why did we buy dx10 cards?
to play future games...or to play dx 9 games better??chalo dekha jaye
well, there are few DirectX 10 games in the market today, Dx9 is still the standard for most games....even Crysis
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_10_support

Wikipedia said:
DirectX 10.1 is an incremental update to DirectX 10.0 which will be shipped with, and require, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in January 2008. DirectX 10.1 will be backward compatible with DirectX 10.0 hardware, but the new features will not be available until 10.1 compliant hardware is released. The release mainly sets a few more image quality standards for graphics vendors, while giving developers more control over image quality. Features scheduled for DirectX 10.1 include:
  • Mandatory 32-bit floating point filtering
  • Mandatory 4x anti-aliasing
  • Shader model 4.1
so its not like we wont get to play these games at all, some exclusive Dx 10.1 options wont be available to us.
For eg: The advanced shadow options in Crysis

by the time DX 10.1 becomes THE standard for games, the Geforce 8800 will be obsolete:D.(about 2 years)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
theres one thing i dont really get. vista is a failure, why wud people even bother shifting to it when it sucks. and why wud developers be developing dx10 exclusive games. i dont get it

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
:cool:
entrana said:
theres one thing i dont really get. vista is a failure, why wud people even bother shifting to it when it sucks. and why wud developers be developing dx10 exclusive games. i dont get it
no way entrana VISTA is rreally great.we just cant blame OS for not giving us the same gaming xperience as that of XP.bt yeah GAMING wise u can say.
how mny of us took the the dx 10 cards for vista gaming??:)
surely many of us.!!!by the way what entrana ur specs of pc dear???:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom