7970 or 660ti sli

Cilus

laborare est orare
SLI of same cards from two different manufacturers is not an issue. It will work fine. But my suggestion will be a HD 7950 CF because of your resolution. Check my 1st post and Vicky's post where we've tried to explain the problems you will have with 2 GB VRam and 192 bit BUS while using high AA and AF in games.

rajan1311

Padawan
rock...you config looks familiar...did you ever have a tri monitor setup and recently got a Crossover ? :p

Are having issues with the 7970? I mean, you feel the performance is too less? If not, just stick to it man, single card gaming is generally more bug free (maybe today's drivers are mature enough that SLI has no real issues, but generally that has been the case in the past)

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
SLI of same cards from two different manufacturers is not an issue. It will work fine. But my suggestion will be a HD 7950 CF because of your resolution. Check my 1st post and Vicky's post where we've tried to explain the problems you will have with 2 GB VRam and 192 bit BUS while using high AA and AF in games.

People say that on 2560x1440 res AA is not required, it is just a luxury, because it is smooth enough.Does AF require vram and higher memory bandwidth? What does AF do btw?

Top Bottom