6870 to old TV

aaronbrako

Broken In
How do I connnect my pc to my old TV (which has only RCA) ?
On my 6870 GPU I got 1 monitor connected to the DVI, and via Dsub -> DVI in the second DVI socket. That leaves 1 Display Port and 1 HDMI.

If it's possible, where can I get such a cable in Mumbai ?

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Yea or you can try to look for all in one(svideo and rca composite) if available in market or oline in india(You graphic car must support tv out function or it(custom plug) may not work). E.g: *www.amazon.com/Computer-VGA-S-Video-Adapter-Cable/dp/B004I53ZX2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_9

sujeet2555

In the zone
i also have old geforce 6800 that has svideo port that connects to rca video port on my tv through a small convertor cable *img.alibaba.com/photo/205216880/7_Pin_S_Video_to_RCA_AC_Cable_Adapter_Converter.jpg
provided with the gf card.it works .

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
(You graphic car must support tv out function or it(custom plug) may not work)

So does the 6870 support Tv out then ?

i also have old geforce 6800 that has svideo port that connects to rca video port on my tv through a small convertor cable *img.alibaba.com/photo/205216880/7_Pin_S_Video_to_RCA_AC_Cable_Adapter_Converter.jpg
provided with the gf card.it works .

My 6870 only has 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 Dsub port.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Yep at that time of geforce 68xxgt series and ati x8xx series all cards(almost) use to come with svideo instead of hdmi connection, even dvi was kind of new in those days as lcd slowly took over crt. Now only converters can help with dsub.

Top Bottom