6680 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
One of my friends just got his nokia 6680 from uk.

When we put the sim card in it says that it is illegal sim.

i took it to nokia service centre in chennai he tried something and said that the phone is locked to the particular service provider in uk.

is there not a way to unlock this..

And if you know any nokia service centre in chennai who can do this job please letme know...

Regards....

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
If it is locked .. you have to unlock the phone.. and you must have got that at cheaper rate ..
This thing doesnt exist in India though...

SEARCH on Google you will get the answer

Cheers!

thrash_metal

In the zone
Actually unlocking it yourself is illegal . The phone specifically is locked by that operator so that it will only run on its netwark (tie up rehta hai) . No serive center in India (authorised one) will do it for you .

Firmwares for phones are available on the net and you can flash your phone but mind you this is ILLEGAL and a dangerous procedure .. even a tiny mistake can blow up your phone (it will be rendered useless) .

thrash_metal

In the zone
There is 1 way which is illegal ... but you may be able to use this phone . Other than that its nothing that can can be done as of what i know .

prash007

Journeyman
hey,
i think it can b done illegally. Check out the websites below. I had 2 earlier cases in which 1 was successful and the other was not. So i cannot tell u for sure its possible or not!

www.mobileunlocked.com

*www.2u.co.uk/mobile-phone-handset-unlocking/

thrash_metal

In the zone
okey here's the gig .. many operators have tie up deals with some mobile maker like SE , Nokia and have their products sold together like Nokia 6600 with Airtell blah blah . So in these connections .. u get a certain amount of discount . Naturally one operator wouldnt like it if you swith on to the other one . So in that tie up deal they lock those phones so that they will work oly on their own networks .....

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
thrash_metal said very clearly .. I am just Adding to that ...
The contract is NOT ONE WAY ...means Its two way discount ..
Operater: gets assure that this customer will remain with him
.. and
Customer: gets the Phone at a special discount ..
e.g 7610(unlock) is for $350 in market.. he may get 7610(locked) for $300
& He gets the connection of the operater with a special tariff.
[This is just a example]

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
it can be unlocked. they usually flash the firmware wid the unlocked version. but be forwarned that you wont be getting any kind of warranty for it!

prash007

Journeyman
yup buddy...u might even land up crashing the whole s/w. "LUCk" plays the whole thing...Hoping for the best..jus give it a try! :idea:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
There is a thread on the chip forum -unlock ur 6680- try that .. may be you can get help.
Btw i dont think this will break any rule .. since unlocking the phone is not entirely in illegal territory.

veni7

Right off the assembly line
First you can unlock your mobile using unlock code...you can get the unlock code here *www.mobile-unlocker.com/unlock-your-phone/rs2wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions...By using this you can unlock your mobile easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom