6600GT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovik

Banned
I have a configuration of intel 865GBF motherboard, 1GB RAM, 80GB SATA HDD, 2.4GHz intel processor with a 300Watt SMPS. Recently I bought a XFX 6600GT AGP 256MB graphics card. I installed the card along with the latest Nvidia forceware driver 81.98. I had formatted my harddisk prior to the installation of the card. The problem I am having now is that whenever I enter into a game, after sometime my monitor freezes and my PC hangs. The only way out is to reboot.

Please let me know if the problem is from my graphics card, the power supply or anything else I need to do to overcome this problem.

Please help me out....

goman

Right off the assembly line
hi

dear shovik,

I think your powersuply is not upto the mark plz check your system with 400w.

OP
shovik

shovik

Banned

don't get me wrong but are you sure that its the power supply because if it is then I have to buy a new one.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
yes, u need to hv at least a 400 W Power Supply Unit (PSU) [thtz of ne general company like Frontech etc etc] or u can rely on an Antec 350W PSU safely.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Simply go for Coolermaster Real Power 450W or Antec Power supply with atleast 400-450W and everything will be fine!!

Kniwor

Learner
well i will fist wana test the PSU befor spending money ona a new one.... although i also tink that PSU could be a problem... freezing often happens when it's the PSU...

remove a ram module, remove any fans other than cpu fan....
remove ur cd/dvd drive ur floppy drive... and usb peripherals any slave HDD... or anyhting else that is not required for the system to boot...

now try playing the game... if it works fine.... get a new PSU...
if i still freezes.... post back here

mav3r1ck

Broken In
@shovik, i would second what knivor said.
shovik said:
Recently I bought a XFX 6600GT AGP 256MB graphics card.
BTW how much did it cost u i was thinking of buying a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom