6600GT Price Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
well ,
i so far got no info abt the The 256 MB DDR3 version Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/1980 XP TV-DVI-DVI Golden Sample GLH so i have decided to buy the XFX 6600GT 256 MB DDR3 (AGP) which is available at he nVIDIA experience centre nehru place delhi .

So before going to Delhi i called at the nVIDIA experience centre to confirm the price of the xfx card (which was last time told to me as 11.5k) . I was expecting some price drop (as last time i visited was 20 days ago), but when the shop representative told me the price of the card i was shocked , they said the price was 14.5k :shock: :x (sh1t !!!!) .

I hope this is some misunderstanding abt the price , how can a 256mb version be 5k more than the 128 mb version!!!!!1 . the 128 mb card is priced at approx 9.5k.

damnn :( :x :cry:

I am goin to delhi soon to buy the card , see if this info abt the updated price is corret then i will have to buy the 128mb version :( .

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
royal said:
I pray 2 god almighty that good senses prevail on the XFX team 'n they bring down the price of 6600GT(256) somewhere near 10000 bucks :lol:

10000 ,bah...... they have increased the price instead of decreasing it , its now 14.5k as i was told by he nVIDIA Experience Centre ppl .

royal

Padawan
hey tarey_g ...

the price is correct ...

thats why I prayed that they bring down the price

its sheer na-insaafi, if u ask me :(

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i enquired abt the BIG(bfg) brand card and its priced very well 8500/- for 128 mb 6600gt , most probably i'll buy that . big dosen't have a 256mb 6600gt so i will have to settle for 128mb :( .

asdf1223

Journeyman
why big when u can get leadtek for 500 bucks more.since big byte corp is also the distributor for leadtek u should theoratically get it at same place.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i know , but i have searched whole nehru place for leadtek , and there is no sign of leadtek cards :(

Ringwraith

Journeyman
tarey_g said:
i know , but i have searched whole nehru place for leadtek , and there is no sign of leadtek cards :(

guess zebronics sells only in south india...(rather as far north as mumbai) bad luck :p, but i must say they are good! i get 4k 3dmarks05 on a 6600GT, which is one of the highest 6600GT scores anywhere

asdf1223

Journeyman
i guess this is what happens initial sucess goes into ur head bbc has probably
stopped distribution to promote its own cards.even though zebronics has had its own range for a while now the sales guy personally asked my friend to take leadtek for pcie for its bundled games.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
tarey_g said:
i enquired abt the BIG(bfg) brand card and its priced very well 8500/- for 128 mb 6600gt , most probably i'll buy that . big dosen't have a 256mb 6600gt so i will have to settle for 128mb :( .

Are u sure its 8.5 K and not 9.5K ? :shock: this is for the Agp or pcie?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
KHUBBU said:
tarey_g said:

Are u sure its 8.5 K and not 9.5K ? :shock: this is for the Agp or pcie?

its 8.5 k i asked on phone the guy there said 8,100+tax so i assume it to be of 8,500/- approx. for agp

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ringwraith said:
tarey_g said:

guess zebronics sells only in south india...(rather as far north as mumbai) bad luck :p, but i must say they are good! i get 4k 3dmarks05 on a 6600GT, which is one of the highest 6600GT scores anywhere

ya my pref was too leadtek but no leadtek in delhi , zebronics operates in south only and i am too far from south india.

magnet

Youngling
damn guys.........rnt u aware i m posting here again...big card r almost equivalent to bfg cards....compare the photo of both of them...ull hardly find any differenc4 btw both rather than the sticker

asdf1223

Journeyman
just because a card looks alike doesnt guarantee that its same.for one bfgs oced big isnt. big just may have used bfgs design for postion of hsf. also bbc hasnt stop distributing leadtek card. it advertised for a 3000+,foxconn mobo +LEADTEK 6200 tc with 3 yrs warranty from bbc for 13,350. so try calling the office to see if they stock leadtek cards.

delhi no. -0119313373666

Ringwraith

Journeyman
magnet said:
damn guys.........rnt u aware i m posting here again...big card r almost equivalent to bfg cards....compare the photo of both of them...ull hardly find any differenc4 btw both rather than the sticker
true they ought to be good...but AFAIK on the forums, we havent had a BIG owner posting some good benchmark/overclocking results to prove how good these cards are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom