6600 GT AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
HI GUYS , i hve decided to go for 6600 GT 128 MB AGP CARD .. i hve following config ..
3.2 ghz socket 478 , asus 865 pe board , 1 gb ram ..
now which is the best performing card out of XFX , GAINWARD AND LEADTEK .. i want to know the best performance card ..

i hve budget of 9.5 k .. and interested in best performing 6600 gt agp card ..

pls guide .. also 6600 GT 256 MB has any advantage over 6600 GT 128 MB card .. is it worth the extra price u pay ?

and pls suggest the estimated price?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@tech_mastermind: He said he has a budget of 9.5k. So how can he buy 6800GS/7800GS? He also mentioned that he has a 865PE based board which has only AGP8X slot. Although 7800GS is AGP 8X compliant, 6800GS is only available in PCI-express format in India, although the AGP variant is also available in US and Europe, at least I have not seen it in shops in Kolkata.

So he can buy the Leadtek/XFX 6600GT AGP 128MB which should be within his budget.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I also want a 6600gt AGP , but strangely no distributer in rajasthan has it , i even called the official outlet of Rashi pheripherals named "Nvidia Experience Centre" in nehru place delhi , but they too dont have a AGP 6600gt and are not going to stock it in future , WTF!!!! .
They only have pci-e versions of cards , currently for AGP they only have 5200(2.2k no thank u, although cheap but total waste of money) , 6200(3.2k value for money,but i can spend more) and 6800nu 256mb(hell no , it costs 12k according to the nVIDIA Exp centre guy and doesn't have ddr3).

Third Eye

gooby pls
tarey_g said:
I also want a 6600gt AGP , but strangely no distributer in rajasthan has it , i even called the official outlet of Rashi pheripherals named "Nvidia Experience Centre" in nehru place delhi , but they too dont have a AGP 6600gt and are not going to stock it in future , WTF!!!! .
They only have pci-e versions of cards , currently for AGP they only have 5200(2.2k no thank u, although cheap but total waste of money) , 6200(3.2k value for money,but i can spend more) and 6800nu 256mb(hell no , it costs 12k according to the nVIDIA Exp centre guy and doesn't have ddr3).

Never buy nvidia 6600 GT.Go for 6800 GS.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
6600GT cards provides much more powerful performances, when used in SLI configurations.
But seeming that you have AGP8X slot....I would suggest you to choose from following cards:-

XFX 6600GT with 128MB GDDR3
Gainward 6600GT with 256MB GDDR3
Gainward 6800LE with 128MB/256MBGDDR3

Personally, i would suggest you to go for Gainward cards. They have good stock cooling provisions, in comparison to others.

Also look out for 6800LE, though little more bucks, but what you will get is the completely unlockable card........to 6800!! Excellent performance!

And do remember to buy a hefty SMPS of atleast 450W from good brands.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Go for XFX coz it has the best value for money.I don't know that buying a 256 MB model will help.What if the bandwidth is not utilized??????????

maheswar2006

Broken In
samrulez said:
Go for XFX coz it has the best value for money.I don't know that buying a 256 MB model will help.What if the bandwidth is not utilized??????????

ya XFX, but the GAINWARD golden sample series are great cards with huge potential for overclocking. Costs a bit more.
Right now, 6600GT 128MB cards the same perfomance as their 256MB big brothers.
But in future taxing games will really benefit from the extra memory on the 6600GT 256MB as nVidia will surely release forceware drivers to extract extra juice from the additional 128MB.

Be future proof. get the 6600GT 256MB DDR3 cars. XFX or gainward, its upto u and ur budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom