6230i OR 7610

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hey Folks!
Could u tell me 4 which should i buy : 6230i OR 7610???
I'm so confused and I need ur urgent help :roll:
THX in ADAVNCE

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
is the 6230i available already??? i didnt think it was available...

anyway, back 2 ur question....it depends on ur uses and ur budget man....i dunno the prices but i presume that both cost roughly the same....

now think what features u wanna use...the 7610 comes with Symbian OS but u may not need it and the Nokia OS u get on the 6230i is the familiar and easy 2 use interface...features wise, other than Symbian and a larger screen, i think the 7610 loses out...the 6230 has more internal memory and it has a stereo FM/MP3 player....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
First of all 6230i isn't avaialable in India as yet (atleast not in nokia priority shops).

But IMO, 7610 is better.
* symabian os
* larger screen
* better keypads than 6230/6230i

But it has the following disadvantages:
- no mp3 player (but we can have them using softwares)
- only 1mp cam, compared to 1.3mp in 6230i
- only BT, and 6230i has both IRDa and BT. (but i can argue why we need IRDa when a better technology is available?)

And both cost almost the same, maybe 1k difference (with 6230i being cheaper).

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i would disagree grudge :p

6230i scores in the following aspects:

* BT and iR (some old phones dont have BT)
* Stereo FM and MP3 player
* EDGE
* Better keypad (more traditional and natural)
* lighter and smaller/compact
* 32MB Internal Memory
* Visual Radio
* Push to Talk

but i think it is up to personal choice...look at what each has 2 offer and then decide which features r more important...me and grudge can go on arguing... :lol:

for example, if u think an MP3 player is a priority, then go 4 6230i...if u want symbian and a large display, then go 4 7610...only u can decide which feature set fits ur needs better... :wink:

drgrudge

Nemesis said:
* BT and iR (some old phones dont have BT)
Hmmm, BT is a better technology than IRDa...and older phones like 6610 is not good at IR. Also the BT and IRDa dongles cost the same. So that should not be a problem. :wink:

Nemesis said:
* Stereo FM and MP3 player
Yes, but we can make mp3's play using softwares and get a FM radio for rs. 40 :twisted: . But as nemi said it's mono and not stereo.

So we can conclude than 6230 is a multimedia phone, and go for it if u think that FM/mp3's are more important than larger screen and symbian OS. Remember we can install softwares using symbian OS. (It's like comparing windows media center and windows XP)

Nemesis said:
Again this is a network provider feature and ur network will have to support EGDe if u want to use them.

Wht do u expect to do with EDGE? Watch hutch TV? Remember it's not streaming....

Nemesis said:
* Better keypad (more traditional and natural)
It's traditional , of cource but 7610's keypad looks good in my opinion. The shape and design of 7610 is also better than 6230i.

Nemesis said:
* lighter and smaller/compact
Hmmm, it's lighter and compact phoen but that should not be ur chosing criteria.

Nemesis said:
* 32MB Internal Memory
7610 comes with 64mb MMC and another 8mb of internal memory and the memmory is expandable, so internal memory should not be a problem.

Nemesis said:
* Visual Radio
Yes, this makes sure that u can listen to FM radio as well, so we can clearly see 6230i is a sort of multimedia phone than 7610.

Nemesis said:
* Push to Talk
Can u plz tell me, which operator other than Hutch offer this feature? And that too they have disabled (as far chennai is considered). Even Tata indicom has this feature but they are CDMA phones. And this features is not availble all over india , but in only selected cities.

This is more of operator based and not of phone based.

Available:
Planned in the 1st quarter of 2005
So it's still not availble and it may take time to be available...., so u have 7610 to choose from.. :twisted:

Nemesis said:
but i think it is up to personal choice...look at what each has 2 offer and then decide which features r more important...me and grudge can go on arguing... :lol:
Yes, it no use debating on this issue, i may like nokia but an other member may like SE..., lets see what other members has to say. :wink:

MY opinion:
Well both are good phones and 7610 has a slight advantage over 6230i.
It's like comparing windows media center and windows XP
And 6230i is not available as yet, so u r left with 7610 to choose now.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm lets c now...u have agreed with a few of my points....that's a good start :wink: but now let's analyze what u disagreed with:

Hmmm, BT is a better technology than IRDa...and older phones like 6610 is not good at IR. Also the BT and IRDa dongles cost the same. So that should not be a problem

as i told u in the chat, i have IR on my laptop so i dont have 2 invest in a BT dongle just 4 the sake of transfering a few files...BT is definitely better no doubt abt it...but at least in my case, IR does a better job...also, when it comes 2 old phones like 6610, 6100, 6800 (which a lot of ppl still use) u can use IR 2 exchange contacts and notes...

Again this is a network provider feature and ur network will have to support EGDe if u want to use them.

Wht do u expect to do with EDGE? Watch hutch TV? Remember it's not streaming....

well what abt being future safe??? i dont think EDGE is far off...and the benefits it promises r way too tempting 2 ignore it...streaming video and audio...236Kbps max speed...that's broadband on a cell phone...

It's traditional , of cource but 7610's keypad looks good in my opinion. The shape and design of 7610 is also better than 6230i.
Hmmm, it's lighter and compact phoen but that should not be ur chosing criteria.

this is highly subjective...depends on what u r comfortable with...i would rather have a kepad that is easy 2 use rather than 1 that looks good but is not easy 2 use...i prefer the 6230 keypad..u prefer 7610 :lol:
besides, not every1 would want a bulky phone...a lot of ppl prefer small, compact phones that r light and dont take up too much space...again subjective :wink:

7610 comes with 64mb MMC and another 8mb of internal memory and the memmory is expandable, so internal memory should not be a problem
the internal memory is definitely a big plus...u get 32MB in the phone itself...that's enough 4 a bunch of pix, ring tones, etc...and it does have the option of memory expansion too...woth MMCs, the 6230i will always b 24MB ahead of the 7610 :twisted:

Can u plz tell me, which operator other than Hutch offer this feature? And that too they have disabled (as far chennai is considered). Even Tata indicom has this feature but they are CDMA phones. And this features is not availble all over india , but in only selected cities.

This is more of operator based and not of phone based.

so i didnt know that hutch disabled its services in some places....it is a gr8 technology 2 have IMO...just push the button and talk...simple as that...

Yes, it no use debating on this issue, i may like nokia but an other member may like SE..., lets see what other members has to say

we r saying the same thing here but still arguing :lol:
it is subjective and depends on ur personal tastes...if u r willing 2 look at phones other than Nokias, then mebbe grudge and me can agree on a phone :wink:

but, if u want it right now, 7610 is a good choice...but b4 that, even the 6230 is a good option :wink:

phew!! that was a long reply!!!

drgrudge

Nemesis said:
as i told u in the chat, i have IR on my laptop so i dont have 2 invest in a BT dongle just 4 the sake of transfering a few files...BT is definitely better no doubt abt it...but at least in my case, IR does a better job...also, when it comes 2 old phones like 6610, 6100, 6800 (which a lot of ppl still use) u can use IR 2 exchange contacts and notes...
As i have told u, older phone wont be of much use to Ir, only exchanging contacts or notes only, not phone to phone transfers. And remember ppl dont have two phones for oneself or may have a lappy as you do.

Nemesis said:
well what abt being future safe??? i dont think EDGE is far off...and the benefits it promises r way too tempting 2 ignore it...streaming video and audio...236Kbps max speed...that's broadband on a cell phone...
Hmmm..., so IMO EDGe wont be much of a good advantage as of know. But it's my opinion and EDGe may be actually be useful for u..., file trasfering and "watching" TV. But as of now no operators give "live audio/video streaming" here in India.

Nemesis said:
this is highly subjective...depends on what u r comfortable with...i would rather have a kepad that is easy 2 use rather than 1 that looks good but is not easy 2 use...i prefer the 6230 keypad..u prefer 7610 :lol:
besides, not every1 would want a bulky phone...a lot of ppl prefer small, compact phones that r light and dont take up too much space...again subjective :wink:
Hmm.., who told you 7610 is a bulky phone? How can u define a phone as bulky?
IMO 3650,3660, 3230 ,7600 are bulky phones.
And also only girls and womens prefer "small" and compact phones.

And again abt the keypad, it's personal choice, I honestly like 7610 more than 6230i.

Nemesis said:
the internal memory is definitely a big plus...u get 32MB in the phone itself...that's enough 4 a bunch of pix, ring tones, etc...and it does have the option of memory expansion too...woth MMCs, the 6230i will always b 24MB ahead of the 7610 :twisted:
Hmm..6230 comes with 32mb MMC whereas 7610 comes with 64mb MMC. Also remember than memory can be expanded. And yes 7610 has only 8mb internal memory.

Nemesis said:
so i didnt know that hutch disabled its services in some places....it is a gr8 technology 2 have IMO...just push the button and talk...simple as that...
I agree it's a good feature wherein it's like a conference calls...
As i have said, it's not avialable in all areas and TAta is a CDMA technology. It's a network based feature, only hutch and Tata offer this (that too not all over India), smaller network providers like aircel, escotel, idea and even airtel dont have this feature.

Nemesis said:
we r saying the same thing here but still arguing
it is subjective and depends on ur personal tastes...if u r willing 2 look at phones other than Nokias, then mebbe grudge and me can agree on a phone
Hmm...,lets see if the thread starter wants to look beyond 6230i and 7610 or any other phone other than nokia. And wht other members feel... :wink:

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hey Dude!

6230i model is coming within 1-2 months in India.
Ur replies made me more confused :x I wish if Nokia introduce 7610i in future :wink:

drgrudge

reddick said:
Hey Dude!

6230i model is coming within 1-2 months in India.
Ur replies made me more confused :x I wish if Nokia introduce 7610i in future :wink:
Who told you? Any links..., nokia wesites say they will release it by first quater of 2005. Thats in US and other parts, in India it may still may take more time. As you said 3-4 months. Will you be able to wait till that time?

And what is there to be confused?
I fell symbian os, bigger screen and a better keypads/design are important than FM radio/Mp3 player and i would go for 7610.

Nemisis feels mp3/fm is more important for him.

It boils to personal choice, anyway we will continue our arguement tommorow...:wink:

Read 6230 review here:
6230 review

---

In case you want to go for a multimedia phone, then go for E398. It's the true multimedia phone, MTV walla phone. :p
E398 review

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@grudge: realize that being future safe is a big advantage...he buys a phone with EDGE and PTT and 2morrow operators introduce these services...he wont have 2 buy a new phone just 2 use those services...also, 6230i is a far better multimedia phone than the E398...E398 use transflash memory which is hard 2 find and not cheap...and who said 6230i comes with 32MB MMC?? it has 32MB internal and they havent announced anything abt the MMC yet...i said 6230i will always b aead by 24MB if u add the same MMCs 2 both phones...

when i say older phones still have IR, i dont mean 2 imply that u use it just when u have an old phone urself...ur friends might still have phones that support only IR...how abt exchanging info thru that?? and samsung phones allow u 2 swap stuff other than just contacts via IR...

Q1 2005 is almost gone grudge...Nokia never release their phones on the date they indicate...

and how can u say that only girls like compact phones?? huh?? it's personal choice...the 7610 is a good 20g heavier than the 6230i and has larger dimensions...

dont get confused dude :wink: read our arguments and decide what's more important...

drgrudge

Nemesis said:
realize that being future safe is a big advantage...he buys a phone with EDGE and PTT and 2morrow operators introduce these services...he wont have 2 buy a new phone just 2 use those services...
Ok, as of now i guess he wont find any use of it.
Also when these servises are introduced here, then his phone may be a year old and he may want to upgrade it..., just think about it..., i guess 7610 will suit him well even though it dont have PTT/EDGe.

Also these PTT and EDGe wont come as free pakages, we will have to shell out extra bucks to use them. Do u really need it (remember u r gonna pay for the same)? Thats the bottomline on these "futureproof" phones. :)

Nemesis said:
also, 6230i is a far better multimedia phone than the E398...E398 use transflash memory which is hard 2 find and not cheap...and who said 6230i comes with 32MB MMC?? it has 32MB internal and they havent announced anything abt the MMC yet...i said 6230i will always b aead by 24MB if u add the same MMCs 2 both phones...
Hmm..., see the price of E398 and 6230i. E398 will cost you only 9k or so, whereas 6230i may cost 18k or so..
Ok man, i agree 6230i is a far better than phone than E398, but see the price difference, the more u pay the more features that u get...

And regarding the memory, i agree 6230i has more memory and uses a MMC unlike E398, but anyway u can always expand the memory.

And whatever u tell, E398 has a better sounds and speaker system than 6230 and IMO it's the MTV phone.

Nemesis said:
when i say older phones still have IR, i dont mean 2 imply that u use it just when u have an old phone urself...ur friends might still have phones that support only IR...how abt exchanging info thru that?? and samsung phones allow u 2 swap stuff other than just contacts via IR...
OK, i agree, i personally feel IR wont be of much use when we have BT. It's upto to the thread starter to decide upon...

Nemesis said:
Q1 2005 is almost gone grudge...Nokia never release their phones on the date they indicate...
And Q1 is till 30th april and i saw a thread at neowin , where they have posted that 6230i is released. But this Q1 deadline is not for India.

Nemesis said:
and how can u say that only girls like compact phones?? huh?? it's personal choice...the 7610 is a good 20g heavier than the 6230i and has larger dimensions...
Hmm, most girls like it and hence my statement :twisted:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
LOL...we r never gonna agree on this...just 3 things:

6230i has stereo sound now...yes, even 4 the speakers...so it is as good if not better than the E398..

the year is divided into 4 quarters...12/4=3 each quarter is 3 months...so what if some dude at neowin said Q1 is till april 30th

i like compact phones and i know many guys who do...so i can easily claim otherwise...

i say we end it here...let the thread starter decide...or let other members chip in :lol:

drgrudge

Nemesis said:
6230i has stereo sound now...yes, even 4 the speakers...so it is as good if not better than the E398..
Yes, did i tell it doesn't has? And as u say E398 speakers are better than 6230i.
Well the thread starter himself has not been clear wht type of phone he needs.

Nemesis said:
the year is divided into 4 quarters...12/4=3 each quarter is 3 months...so what if some dude at neowin said Q1 is till april 30th
Yo! Hmm...he said it is released. And i knew the Q1 is almost gonna over, all i said was that it wont be released in India soon and we cant expect that to happen as well.

Nemesis said:
i like compact phones and i know many guys who do...so i can easily claim otherwise...
Hmm..., man i dont like bulky phones like 3230,3660,7600, etc...other phones are ok with me.

And IMO 7610 looks (and also the design) better than 6230i.

Nemesis said:
i say we end it here...let the thread starter decide...or let other members chip in :lol:
Hmm..., now he is confused... :wink:
Where are the other members? We two seem to posting in tandom ..., it would be fun if others too say what they feel...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm i never said that the E398 speakers r better....im saying that the 6230i should b comparable... but that will b decided when the phone comes out...cant say now....

drgrudge said:
And Q1 is till 30th april and i saw a thread at neowin , where they have posted that 6230i is released. But this Q1 deadline is not for India.

u urself said that Q1 is until 30th april and now u deny it??

u like 7610 design, i like simple design of 6230i...personal opinions...

yea the thread starter has posted just twice in the entire thread!!! pls dude, end our war by telling what features u r really lookin 4 in ur phone...

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys ,here reddick wanted a choice from 6230i and 7610 but not 6230.
Well the best place to compare the noki6230i and 7610 is here:GSM Arena

Rite now i have got nokia7610 and thought of upgrading to 6230i but it has not released yet.But 7610 is definetly worth a buy.
So how long will 6230i take to be released in indian market and what will be its approximate price?

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Yeah,I call NOKIA CARE & they told me that 6230i is coming next month in Indian market :twisted: Abt price it may b of 18K or above approx.

dr.death

Broken In
what about nokia 3230

:lol: hey there how about nokia 3230 it boasts more features than 6230i and 7610.

• Tri-Band Operation:
    Tri-band coverage on up to five continents (EGSM900/GSM1800/1900)
    Automatic switching between bands

Size:
    Weight: 110 g
    Dimensions: 109 mm x 49 mm x 19 mm, 90 cc

Display and User Interface :
    Large, high-resolution TFT color display
    Up to 65,536 colors
    176 x 208-pixel resolution
    Series 60 user interface (UI) with selectable themes

Imaging:
    Still imaging
    1.3 megapixel camera sensor, effective resolution 1.23 megapixels for image capture (image size 1280 x 960 pixels)
    Image capture: JPEG (16.7 million/24-bit color)
    Displayed formats: JPEG, GIF87a/89a, EXIF, WBMP, BMP, MBM, PNG

Video:
    Capture video clips up to one hour with 32 MB MMC card
    Resolution of videos: Q-CIF (176 x 144 Pixel)
    Video capture: H.263 (16.7 million/24-bit color)

Video Editing :
    Edit your own video clips on your Nokia 3230 smartphone
    Cut your clips, add special effects such as slow motion, and combine them using video editing with Muvee Styles to create your own minimovie up to 10 minutes long
    Add text, music, frames and still pictures
    Save your creation on your phone and share it by sending your masterpiece as a multimedia message

Tunes Studio :
    Create your own MIDI ringing tones with the pre-installed Tunes Studio Java application

Splice and dice existing MIDI tones to create new tunes
    Adjust tempo and pitch
    Get started with the pre-loaded sounds provided

Visual Radio(EDGE) :
    Listen to music and interact with your favorite radio stations

Games:

Exclusive new motion-enhanced game: Agent V
    Multiplayer games: Rally Pro Contest, Snake
    Plus MGS Steel Warrior, Card Deck, and Mix Pix

Messaging :
    Multimedia messaging: MMS 1.2 for creating, receiving, editing, and sending videos and pictures with AMR voice clips-Text messaging: Supports concatenated SMS; picture messaging; SMS distribution list
    Chat
    Predictive text input: Support for all major languages in Europe and Asia-Pacific

Presence:
    Instant messaging
    Presence-enhanced contacts

Music Player :
    Play MP3s in your phone via the head-set or the build in speaker

Connectivity:
    USB with Pop-Port
    Local synchronization of picture gallery, contacts and calendar to PC using PC Suite
    Remote over-the-air synchronization with SyncML
    Send and receive images, video clips, graphics and business cards

Browsing:
    xHTML browser lets you view “real” HTML and xHTML Web pages on your phone
    Browsing over TCP/IP
    Smart content download – OMA DRM 1.0
    OTA provisioning
    Mobile wallet for online transactions and storing your confidential information such as credit card numbers, user names, and passwords

Data Transfer :
    EGPRS multislot class 5, up to 177.6 kbps
    GPRS multislot class 10, up to 80 kbps

Bluetooth Wireless Technology :
    Talk handsfree with a wireless Bluetooth headset enhancement
    Play wireless multiplayer games over a Bluetooth connection
    Synchronize your phone and PC over a local Bluetooth wireless connection

Call Management :
    Push to Talk over cellular network via dedicated key

java applications:
    Java MIDP 2.0
    Create your own MIDI ringing tones with the pre-installed Tunes Studio application
    Downloadable applications including news clients and travel guides
    Collection of ringing tones, wallpapers, and screensavers / UI themes available to download from Nokia Shop

Voice Features :
    Voice dialing
    Voice commands
    Voice recorder
    Integrated handsfree speaker

Digital Services :
    Graphics, icons, animations, logos
    Games: Possibility to download new games
    Ringing, alert, and gaming tones: MP3, MIDI with support for up to 48 polyphonic sounds
    Themes: Possibility to download new themes including animated wallpapers, animated screensavers, color schemes, and ringing tones

Sales Package Contents (for ypur help):
    Nokia 3230 phone
    Nokia Battery BL-5B, Li-Ion 760 mAh
    Nokia Standard Charger ACP-7 (Nokia Travel Charger ACP-12 in selected countries)
    Nokia Headset HDS-3
    Nokia 32 MB RS MultiMediaCard (MMC)
    User Guide
it has more features than any nokia smartphone
*www.nokia.co.in/BaseProject/Sites/INEN_43419/CDA/Categories/Phones/PhoneModels/I/_Content/_Static_Files/img_med_3230.jpg
one request,buy the phone from bandra,mumbai.priority center at diamond hill. it'll be cheaper than 7610.reply soon :D

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Nothing here!

Well Well Well! So after all theheated arguments and discussions, the BIG BOSS of the Forum has awaken. (I'm talking abt me, if u're confused).
I just bought a new Nokia 6670 n take my word, it is better than 7610, cost me 17k and has gr8 S/W preloaded in it.
Just go for it man and I'm sure u won't regret ur decision.
These nemesis & drgrudge r just playing games wid u and fighting a cold war among themselves, while making u more n more confused.
But at the end of the day, it is u who'll make the choice!
Have a nice time!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Re: Nothing here!

a_to_z123 said:
Well Well Well! So after all theheated arguments and discussions, the BIG BOSS of the Forum has awaken. (I'm talking abt me, if u're confused).
I just bought a new Nokia 6670 n take my word, it is better than 7610, cost me 17k and has gr8 S/W preloaded in it.
Just go for it man and I'm sure u won't regret ur decision.
These nemesis & drgrudge r just playing games wid u and fighting a cold war among themselves, while making u more n more confused.
But at the end of the day, it is u who'll make the choice!
Have a nice time!

:shock:
cold war? strange, i never realized...the thread starter wanted 2 select between 6230i and 7610 so we gave him pros and cons of both phones...we asked if he was interested in other phones...he never replied abt other phones...6670 is almost the same as 7610...a little better though....

the 3230 is a nice phone :wink: didnt know if it was out yet...it's like the 6230i but has some extra features which push it above the 6230i :wink: btw, what is the current price??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom